News EVGA Discounts RTX 3090 Ti Below Retail

BX4096

Reputable
Aug 9, 2020
EVGA's 3090 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming is currently selling for $1999.99 on the EVGA store, $200 below retail.

Oh boy, what a bargain! What better or more cost efficient way out there to spend a couple of thousands bucks (plus tax), except for taking an advantage of a $100 discount on an absurdly overpriced video card just before the new generation hits?

In completely unrelated news: Poll: Only half of Americans have more emergency savings than credit card debt. Better get on that deal, pronto!

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Strange that the discount is only $100. The 4080 is supposed to provide the same amount of performance as the 3090 Ti for half the cost, and it's a little over a month away.

I'm seeing a lot of panic in investor circles about Nvidia's gaming division looking way better than it is thanks to overexposure to crypto demand. GPUs in specific, higher-margin product lines are clogging up store inventories. The bottom could fall out from under current prices any day now. Get your popcorn ready -- there's a fire sale brewing.

hannibal

Distinguished
Strange that the discount is only $100. The 4080 is supposed to provide the same amount of performance as the 3090 Ti for half the cost, and it's a little over a month away.

I'm seeing a lot of panic in investor circles about Nvidia's gaming division looking way better than it is thanks to overexposure to crypto demand. GPUs in specific, higher-margin product lines are clogging up store inventories. The bottom could fall out from under current prices any day now. Get your popcorn ready -- there's a fire sale brewing.

It just confirm that 4000 series will be even more expensive, so no need to reduce prices yet...
sigh

Reactions: Tom Sunday

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020

To me, this actually exposes the fact that Nvidia have been selling and making lots of money from cryptominers. Yet, they always claim that supply is short, so we don't see good availability in retail. Now with mining demand mostly gone, suddenly we start to see oversupply of GPUs and weak guidance? Timing can't be more perfect.

Anyway, I am not sure if the price of the RTX 4080 will be half of the 3090 Ti. I actually doubt it will be cheap due to the limited supply from TSMC, and likely the return of scalpers at least till supply is stable. All the giant chip/tech companies are tapping on TSMC's 4/5nm at this point in time, so I can expect supply to be limited because I don't believe any company can outbid Apple.

Reactions: bigdragon

Tanquen

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
EVGA's RTX 3090 Ti's are on a serious discount, with one of its cards priced incredibly close to its own RTX 3090 flagship.

EVGA Discounts RTX 3090 Ti Below Retail : Read more
Just too many people with too much money. Or at least enough people with enough money to blow two grand on a card no that should cost 500 or 600 bucks. All you can do is wait for a real upgrade in performance at a decent price. At least they can't stop you from doing that. Waiting...