News EVGA Equips RTX 3090 Ti Kingpin Card with PowerLink 52U 12VHPWR Adaptor

hasten

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2007
That is an obscene amount of power for a standard desktop component.
I hope no one is shelling out the premium for a kingpin with intentions of using it as a standard desktop component. This is a special use card for extreme overclockers or trust fund kids looking to grow their e-p.

Reactions: artk2219

artk2219

Distinguished
I hope no one is shelling out the premium for a kingpin with intentions of using it as a standard desktop component. This is a special use card for extreme overclockers or trust fund kids looking to grow their e-p.

I guess I should clarify, I meant it more as in a component that can be used in a standard desktop, vs a component thats geared more towards workstation or server work. Currently Cerebras holds the crown with its extremely powerful dinner plate sized chip, 15KW of power consumption.

mavroxur

Distinguished
I'm just waiting for the day that graphics cards switch to 48v - it'd make a LOT more sense than dumping a million amps across cables at 12v. Just deliver 48v to the card and buck regulate it down for your core and memory voltages there. Ohm's law, folks.

Friesiansam

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2015
When it comes to the UK, I suspect it will cost well over £2500, thanks to the devaluing of the Pound courtesy of Johnson's alleged government's incompetence. If somebody is that desperate to have the best, that they will spend that much, that's their problem...