Question EVGA FTW3 Hybrid RTX 3080 10GB Lagging on genshin impact (1080p Max settings)

nighty_

Commendable
Apr 16, 2021
and sometimes when im not on genshin impact my gpu is 100% and lagging my whole system, it never did this before, also huge stutters on genshin when i turn/move my camera
Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x (non oc), RTX 3080 10GB (oc bios), Asus TUF gaming B450m ii, 2x8 gb of 3200mhz ram, psu is a NZXT C750 750W 80+ Gold, cpu and gpu are watercooled
and i also reinstalled the drivers.
also lagging hard on other games.

Last edited:

Kurwa

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
and sometimes when im not on genshin impact my gpu is 100% and lagging my whole system, it never did this before, also huge stutters on genshin when i turn/move my camera
Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x (non oc), RTX 3080 10GB (oc bios), Asus TUF gaming B450m ii, 2x8 gb of 3200mhz ram, psu is a NZXT C750 750W 80+ Gold, cpu and gpu are watercooled
and i also reinstalled the drivers.
also lagging hard on other games.

I'm pretty new to the forums etc, so if I break any rules apologies.

Could you run a user benchmark and post it. Just to see how everything is running.

(I normally wouldn't ever post since I'm oblivious but I see no other replies here atm)

nighty_

Commendable
Apr 16, 2021
I'm pretty new to the forums etc, so if I break any rules apologies.

Could you run a user benchmark and post it. Just to see how everything is running.

(I normally wouldn't ever post since I'm oblivious but I see no other replies here atm)
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

says gpu is performing below potential, everything else is fine. https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/46138044 (no EVGA boost lock)
heres one with the evga boost lock https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/46138228

Last edited:

nighty_

Commendable
Apr 16, 2021
What the heck is going on here..? So:

This looks real good, except for the 51% cpu background usage flag!

This one is somehow WORSE(cpu), even though the background usage is below 10%!

Just WHAT...
1st one, i dont know whats happening in the background,
2nd one i dont know how its worse
heres the benchmark again but with lower cpu background usage https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/46158443 (no EVGA boost lock)
still says the gpu is under performing

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Ignoring Windows services, SOMETHING(S) is running in the background. Leaving the browser open will increase background some, but this much? No, there's something else.

2nd one: compare the 2 cpu percentiles. Although the cpu doesn't change all that much, for some reason, percentile TANKS on the result with the lower background usage.
You even reproduced this effect in your first 2 UBM links.

All this looks like some kind of software is screwing with you.

nighty_

Commendable
Apr 16, 2021
Ignoring Windows services, SOMETHING(S) is running in the background. Leaving the browser open will increase background some, but this much? No, there's something else.

2nd one: compare the 2 cpu percentiles. Although the cpu doesn't change all that much, for some reason, percentile TANKS on the result with the lower background usage.
You even reproduced this effect in your first 2 UBM links.

All this looks like some kind of software is screwing with you.
ive checked task manager alot of times, i still cant find whats messing with it, i took some screenshots for you though.
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

Afro_ninja199

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
1st one, i dont know whats happening in the background,
2nd one i dont know how its worse
heres the benchmark again but with lower cpu background usage https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/46158443 (no EVGA boost lock)
still says the gpu is under performing

userbenchmark expectations are a mix of 3080s that are overclocked etc, so dont worry to much about that

if you have a look at my one, youll see for your self, https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/42164843 this is with a 150 /600 overclock on GPU

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Something's thermal throttling: cpu, gpu, or storage.
You have a multi-monitor setup plugged into the gpu, but they're different native refresh rates.
Software, drivers, or certain apps are screwing with performance from the background. This one's vague, and a pain to deal with trying to pinpoint the source, or sources.
The first 2 are easy to single out, but might cost money to fix.

nighty_

Commendable
Apr 16, 2021
Something's thermal throttling: cpu, gpu, or storage.
You have a multi-monitor setup plugged into the gpu, but they're different native refresh rates.
Software, drivers, or certain apps are screwing with performance from the background. This one's vague, and a pain to deal with trying to pinpoint the source, or sources.
The first 2 are easy to single out, but might cost money to fix.
1, both water cooled and the gpu temp is usually around 50 - 65 when im gaming, the cpu is 50 - 65 too
2. what does that have to do?? sorry im kinda dumb
3.ive reinstalled the drivers like 5 times, not sure what software is causing it..

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
2)The frame buffers aren't/can't be synced, due to the gpu always throwing out extra frames on one screen vs the other.
Best way around that is to have screens with the same native refresh, or use more than 1 graphics device - unfortunately, the 3700X doesn't have an iGPU.

3)Then look to the other 3rd party stuff you installed, like Synapse, Armoury Crate, Razer Chroma, Asus Motherboard fan control, Asus update check, ROG live service...
Wraith Prism HID, Game manager service, Lighting service, Noise cancelling engine(never heard of it), iCUE, Epicwebhelper... how much of that stuff do you actually need?
None of 'em look malicious, but... looks like a bunch of bloat to me.

nighty_

Commendable
Apr 16, 2021
2)The frame buffers aren't/can't be synced, due to the gpu always throwing out extra frames on one screen vs the other.
Best way around that is to have screens with the same native refresh, or use more than 1 graphics device - unfortunately, the 3700X doesn't have an iGPU.

3)Then look to the other 3rd party stuff you installed, like Synapse, Armoury Crate, Razer Chroma, Asus Motherboard fan control, Asus update check, ROG live service...
Wraith Prism HID, Game manager service, Lighting service, Noise cancelling engine(never heard of it), iCUE, Epicwebhelper... how much of that stuff do you actually need?
None of 'em look malicious, but... looks like a bunch of bloat to me.
I only need Razers, iCUE, the noise cancelling engine is from nvidia is it not? ill go ahead uninstall most of these and see if my gpu improves