EVGA G3 is the loudest component, is that normal?

faris540

Commendable
Sep 7, 2017
Hi,
My pc is a year old now and it's not the quietest one. Two days ago, I replaced my cpu cooler and noticed that the noise level has't change at all (and the noise level is really annoying)
So I took off the side panel to check which part causing the noise ( thought it was the cpu cooler) then realized that the noise wasn't because of the cooler but the psu (EVGA g3 650w).
There is a noise from the cooler (MA610P) ofc but it's nowhere near to the psu noise level. Actually you can't hear anything from the fans because the psu loud is taking over everything.
Is that normal or there is a problem with it?
If there is a problem, what psu should I got? is corsair RM850x good?

Solution
I have a G3 and can’t hear the noise at all. Might just be a sensitivity thing but you could always contact EVGA and RMA it. I wouldn’t pay for a replacement on a year old PSU until I knew for sure it was defective.
If it's just fan/air noise it could be that it's normal.
Some PSUs are very loud.
....and I think off-brand PSUs tend to be louder.
if it's just fan/air noise....I don't think there's anything wrong with it....but if it's really annoying to you....I might research quieter PSUs.

heshclub7

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013
I have a G3 and can’t hear the noise at all. Might just be a sensitivity thing but you could always contact EVGA and RMA it. I wouldn’t pay for a replacement on a year old PSU until I knew for sure it was defective.

Solution