Honorable
May 13, 2018
I'm going to buy new power supply with 850 watt

MY SPACE :

i5 9600k without OC.

EVGA gtx 1070 ti without OC.

NZXT kraken M22.

m.2 EVO plus 500gb.

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB( 2x8 )(F4-3000C16D-16GTZR).

MSI MPG Z390 Gaming PRO Carbon AC .

HDD 1 tb 7200.

2 fan 140 mm.

So who is the best

1-evga G3
2-Seasonic FOCUS Plus

All of them same price

I'am so afraid about EVGA G3 because Many reviews say it is bad power supply and it will be destroyed my computer and to many people said it gave off some smoke
so please help me i'm not living in USA so i can't I can't return it to the warranty .
So is it true ?

Solution
In amazon and newegg review
There is to many people said his computer
Is destroyed because of this power supply

Amazon & Newegg are not "reviews".
But even then, look at Amazon. Of 5200 "reviews", <500 are 3* or less. Most of the complaints are a subjectively loud fan.
While the occasional defect can happen from any manufacturer... the majority of the 'problems' are likely user error. There's even one person on their claiming 3 have 'blown up'! Ok, one could've been defective... not very likely, but possible. Two, even slimmer.... Three, no chance. Fake "review"

If there were widespread issues with the G3, we'd know about it. It wouldn't be limited to a handful of "reviews" on Amazon or Newegg.

The G3 is...

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Two points:

I'm going to buy new power supply with 850 watt

How have you determined an 850W unit is required?
For those specs, a quality 550W unit would be more than sufficient - especially for stock operations of a 9600K.
At most, you could make an argument for 650W.

If the 850W unit(s) are available for the same/similar pricing, then there's no harm.... but it's just not necessary.

I'am so afraid about EVGA G3 because Many reviews say it is bad power supply and it will be destroyed my computer

Where are you seeing any review claiming the G3 is "bad"? It's a great quality unit and, while OPP and OTP are set pretty high, that hasn't proven to be a problem - and actually speaks more to the capabilities of the unit, opposed to a negative.

Both the Focus+ and G3 units are great quality. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend either.

Reactions: vapour

mzama.mzama

Honorable
May 13, 2018
Two points:

How have you determined an 850W unit is required?
For those specs, a quality 550W unit would be more than sufficient - especially for stock operations of a 9600K.
At most, you could make an argument for 650W.

If the 850W unit(s) are available for the same/similar pricing, then there's no harm.... but it's just not necessary.

Where are you seeing any review claiming the G3 is "bad"? It's a great quality unit and, while OPP and OTP are set pretty high, that hasn't proven to be a problem - and actually speaks more to the capabilities of the unit, opposed to a negative.

Both the Focus+ and G3 units are great quality. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend either.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

But even then, look at Amazon. Of 5200 "reviews", <500 are 3* or less. Most of the complaints are a subjectively loud fan.
While the occasional defect can happen from any manufacturer... the majority of the 'problems' are likely user error. There's even one person on their claiming 3 have 'blown up'! Ok, one could've been defective... not very likely, but possible. Two, even slimmer.... Three, no chance. Fake "review"

If there were widespread issues with the G3, we'd know about it. It wouldn't be limited to a handful of "reviews" on Amazon or Newegg.

The G3 is a quality unit, as per reputable, actual review sites.... and countless users.
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/evga-supernova-850-g3-psu,4930.html
https://pcper.com/2017/01/evga-supernova-850w-g3-power-supply-review/
http://www.jonnyguru.com/blog/2016/12/26/evga-supernova-750-g3-power-supply/

Solution

mzama.mzama

Honorable
May 13, 2018

The G3 is a quality unit, as per reputable, actual review sites.... and countless users.
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/evga-supernova-850-g3-psu,4930.html
https://pcper.com/2017/01/evga-supernova-850w-g3-power-supply-review/
http://www.jonnyguru.com/blog/2016/12/26/evga-supernova-750-g3-power-supply/
ok but what who is the best
evga G3 or Seasonic FOCUS Plus ? (at the same price )

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
ok but what who is the best
evga G3 or Seasonic FOCUS Plus ? (at the same price )

Really hard to decide between the two. I'd say opt for the cheaper of the two, but if they're the same price, that doesn't work.

The G3 has a 7 year warranty, the Focus+ a 10. For all intents and purposes, they're functionally equal, but the Seasonic sounds better - although you'd likely have to cover shipping, to engage a warranty claim anyway... so probably a moot point.

If it were me, all else being equal, I'd opt for the Focus+ on the basis of a quieter fan alone.

Just sanity check the pricing of the lower wattage models. 550W is plenty for you, 650W at a stretch. While the 850W units might be equal in price, perhaps there's some variance in the lower wattage models? In which case, opt for whichever is cheaper.

mzama.mzama

Honorable
May 13, 2018
Really hard to decide between the two. I'd say opt for the cheaper of the two, but if they're the same price, that doesn't work.

The G3 has a 7 year warranty, the Focus+ a 10. For all intents and purposes, they're functionally equal, but the Seasonic sounds better - although you'd likely have to cover shipping, to engage a warranty claim anyway... so probably a moot point.

If it were me, all else being equal, I'd opt for the Focus+ on the basis of a quieter fan alone.

Just sanity check the pricing of the lower wattage models. 550W is plenty for you, 650W at a stretch. While the 850W units might be equal in price, perhaps there's some variance in the lower wattage models? In which case, opt for whichever is cheaper.
I have cx650m and i don't know if its Enough for my space or i will upgrade for 850w G3 ?