[SOLVED] EVGA G5 Supernova vs EVGA GQ

Swa5931

Prominent
Aug 26, 2020
kulakphoto.com
Hello men/women,

I have recently bought the EVGA 750 watt G5 supernova to fit my EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra since my Old PSU was old. My brother however has the EVGA 750watt GQ PSU and It was roughly about $100 cheaper than mine. I was wondering if you guys could tell me the differences. Thank you

Solution
Hello men/women,

I have recently bought the EVGA 750 watt G5 supernova to fit my EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra since my Old PSU was old. My brother however has the EVGA 750watt GQ PSU and It was roughly about $100 cheaper than mine. I was wondering if you guys could tell me the differences. Thank you

They're fairly similar PSUs and neither are particularly state-of-the-art; EVGA's golden era has ended now that they no longer partnered with Super Flower, who made most of their excellent PSUs.

Neither is particularly competitive at the prices they're normally found at. It's a little concerning that you spent $100 more for a G5 given that the GQ usually sells for around $100. There are better choices for both.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Hello men/women,

They're fairly similar PSUs and neither are particularly state-of-the-art; EVGA's golden era has ended now that they no longer partnered with Super Flower, who made most of their excellent PSUs.

Neither is particularly competitive at the prices they're normally found at. It's a little concerning that you spent $100 more for a G5 given that the GQ usually sells for around $100. There are better choices for both.

Reactions: Swa5931
Solution