Question EVGA Geforce 1060 suddenly not working properly, Please Help!

Apr 24, 2020
Hey guys, I recently upgraded my pc with a new case & water cooling system, Since the upgrade i've done some gaming & noticed some pretty bad stuttering during the game, I'm used to being able to play any game at max settings 1080p with no issues. Titles like Apex legends, Call of duty MW, Diablo 3, Heroes of the storm, Overwatch, etc. now my PC can barely run on the lowest settings without glitching and stuttering in game, even the games with lowest requirements. I've used Userbenchmark a couple times throughout my attempt to troubleshoot, & each time it notified my gpu is now running at 0th percentile & has a 4.50% performance rating saying its unsuitable for 3d games.

So far I've removed the GPU & switched the pcie power connector to make sure it was plugged in and connected properly & rebooted computer, as well as used DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) & did a clean install on the latest drivers (which i always keep up to date anyways) And to no avail, same rating, same performance. I'm convinced my GPU may have died out during the transfer to a new case, or maybe somehow the slot is not working properly, I'm not sure what more i can do to troubleshoot these issues. The only thing keeping hope is that despite this massively impaired performance, the gpu is still being detected, the fan starts up upon booting proving its receiving power & then shuts off during regular pc use. (as im pretty sure it should right?) & i'm having no issues as far as the display, no artifacts, or screen tearing etc. Also noted that I've never done any GPU overclocking or CPU overclocking. Just does not want to perform at all when running any 3d games or applications.

What can i do here?

PC Specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800x CPU
Gigabyte x570 gaming x MOBO
16gb Crucial ballistix 2666mhz RAM
GTX Geforce 1060 6gb GPU
550w Corsair modular PSU
1tb Seagate barracuda boot drive
2tb WDB storage drive
250gb kingston ssd
Windows 10 64bit

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2020
After looking and looking for answers about failing graphics cards & all of them don't necessarily apply to mine with the black screens, no displays, etc.. I'm starting to come to a point where i think i might have maxed out my PSU @ some point considering i did recently upgrade from an intel i3 to the ryzen 7 which is a major wattage difference, & now another upgrade to a bigger case with 3 stronger exhaust fans and a ryzen 7 with 240mm water cooling system when there used to only be one exhaust fan & a stock cpu cooler.
Maybe a 550w 80+ bronze PSU wasn't capable of handling that amount of power usage & damaged my graphics card, not fully, but enough to make it only able to do basic display processing. As much as i'm trying to find ways to fix this, I might have to just upgrade my PSU & get a new graphics card...

any thoughts?

Apr 24, 2020
I ended up buying a cheaper replacement graphics card, & a new power supply. I had a pretty powerful pc for only a 500 watt power supply, & I just assumed that my previous hot temps & lack of power burnt out my graphics card.

I have already tried that though, Rolling back drivers, fresh installing them, None of it worked. that only worked when it was a certain game lacking the compatibility. which was not the overall case for my problem.

Reactions: Jedtcd