eVGA Geforce GTX 660 2GB SC

2017davidwade

Commendable
Dec 2, 2017
Having just bought this card from eBay cheap £26 delivered. I was wondering what two of them in SLI mode would be good for. Net says one alone can done GTA5 mid settings. Can I expect more than mid settings in this game with two cards running

Solution
Shame about that CPU, but should be fine with SLI 660s. They should work ok with older games. Newer games will struggle a bit with the 2gb vram.

genz

Distinguished
Entirely depends on your spec and rig and whether you're online or not. GTA is not a graphic intensive game so much as it's a Cpu intensive one at the low end. I played a LOT of GTA on a 560Ti 1GB@768p (quick rig for ms while I had 970@4k), and it runs at about 40fps on low quite consistently, however turn the res up, esp when driving fast you start to get textures droppin so fast you're driving on invisible ground and can only see sea and skybox.

That's what happens when you run out of VRAM. Your 660 has twice as much, so basically it will run well with 1 660@1080p, but not at high settings without you disabling the VRAM limiter and getting objects disappearing when moving at high speed. SLi is going to improve your shader function but won't really help the fact that your total VRAM amount is what's holding you back from high settings.

2017davidwade

Commendable
Dec 2, 2017
I have a 1k PSU. 32GBs of Ripjaw 1600mhz. 4x8s. 10tb of storage 6 drives all Sata2. Main is 512GB of Intel sata3 SSD. Blu ray rw drive. Lovely white case all hiddern psu and hdds ect. And lastly AMD FX 8350 8 core watercooled at 4.3 ish. My only game on PC is GTA5. What can I expect with all that and two GTX 660 2GBs in SLI. My CPU got 9378 million calculations and my memory well not bad at all Thanks for answering

genz

Distinguished
Ignore Rob, he knows not what he speaks of. That's an excellent CPU for the job, as GTA5 (at least online which is what I play) will take full advantage of all cores, of which there are 8.

The Xbox One basically runs a much lower clocked version with better integer processing.