EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti CLASSIFIED on air

Mar 27, 2016
I'm still debating between EVGA "Classified" and "FTW" 980 Ti's. I read somewhere that if someone is not going to OC, FTW is better than Classified. Is it true that Classified is made for OCing and liquid cooling? Since I do not plan to OC much I think FTW is a better option for me. What do you think?

All of that is pointless conjecture. Nothing guarantees overclocking, and their line has excellent units and only so-so ones, whether you get what you want luck of the draw

As mentioned though, there's a but less than a month until 1080 ships out, so if you can wait that's the best option.

Gnuffi

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013

that would be an incredible waste of money
ofc that is your right should you choose and if money is of no concern to you

but since the 1080 is releasing soon, and is already better than the 980ti, what would be the point? how much cheaper than 600$ are you getting the 980ti for? since that whats the 1080 is projected to launch at
so 1080 is not only better than 980ti, its also cheaper, atleast by my price listings
making the 980ti a bad purchase even more if you already plan to upgrade next year

Neurodrive

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014

I just bought the 980 Ti FTW a few weeks ago. I had the same struggle of "FTW or Classified" but ultimately settled on FTW because the stock core/boost clocks were the same on both and I only ever do mild overclocks. For the $70ish difference it didn't make sense for me to get the Classified.

Of course after watching the Nvidia conference I felt a little buyer's remorse, but as things have settled down I feel good about the buy. If reviews next week show significant performance gains in the 1080 over the 980 Ti then I am still good for EVGA's Step Up Program.

You're forgetting about the stepup program EVGA has.