[SOLVED] EVGA GeForce RTX3060 XC Gaming LHR 12 GB - gpu fan buzzing when starting up

Dec 1, 2021
Hello,
I have a problem with my new PC. I just bought it less than 2 months ago and used headphones mostly when I gamed. Lately, I'm not wearing a headset and I keep hearing a weird buzzing sound when I play games. After it has been driving me crazy I think I found out the culprit. I opened up the side panel of the PC case and looked under the GPU. I believe I found out that the weird buzzing/vibrating sound is coming from the GPU fans when they start spinning. I even tried to record the video for proof/help.

I own a EVGA GeForce RTX3060 XC Gaming LHR 12 GB. Below I will link a video to I shared via my google drive (hope that is ok and not against any rules, if it is I apologize)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v_C42eNMZNtrEYwmGSCNFCrba2yfcXrV/view?usp=sharing

If you turn up the volumite a little you can clearly hear the sound (and i can feel the vibrating) and see it matches up with the gpu fan starting to spin.

I checked a little on the forum and found people with similar problems, at least I believe they are similar that say they used some software to make their gpu fan constantly spin. Is this ok? Should I do the same? How?
What would you do?

I hope I provided enough information, if I missed something please let me know and I'll let you know.

EDIT:
It almost never happens when I just use a browser to surf the web (gpu temp in this browsing state is 51-52 celsius). It almost exclusively starts buzzing when I play specific games (like magic the gathering arena and path of exile). When playing, for example New World I never hear it (and i listened for it)

Thank you in advance.

Solution
If the problem is bothering you contact EVGA as the card is in warranty. To me it sounds like the fans are clipping something as they start up like the fans wire. When the fans start spinning at higher rpms the move outward from the heatsink enough to not clip them anymore. At least that is what i would guess in this scenario. GPUs usually don't have the fans spin up until the GPU hits a certain temperature, so multiple times in low demand games your GPU may fall below this threshold and stop spinning and start again soon after it heats up to that threshold temperature again. There could also be something going on inside the bearings of the fans as well. In any case contact EVGA about it, they have excellent customer service.
If the problem is bothering you contact EVGA as the card is in warranty. To me it sounds like the fans are clipping something as they start up like the fans wire. When the fans start spinning at higher rpms the move outward from the heatsink enough to not clip them anymore. At least that is what i would guess in this scenario. GPUs usually don't have the fans spin up until the GPU hits a certain temperature, so multiple times in low demand games your GPU may fall below this threshold and stop spinning and start again soon after it heats up to that threshold temperature again. There could also be something going on inside the bearings of the fans as well. In any case contact EVGA about it, they have excellent customer service.

Solution
Dec 1, 2021
I believe you are right in everything you said.
My question to you and other people here smarter and more experienced than me is.
I downloaded a program EVGA Precision x1 (someone suggested it on this forum for a similar problem) and put my fan speed at 20% for both fans. Before it was se on auto. Since I have done this I tried all the things that previously initiated the buzzing sound from GPU fans and with fans always on at least 20% there is no buzzing sound.

Is this "solution" a potential problem in the future? Am I doing something horribly wrong? Is this ok? I ordered the GPU online from a different state and the process of returning it and getting it fixed/getting a new one will be a lengthy process I can't do atm. If the "fix" I'm using now is a problem I'll return it but if this is an ok fix I don't mind the workaround.