EVGA Gfroce 750 ti vs HP Pro Series 3400

Atti2d1

Commendable
Jun 28, 2016
Just bought an EVGA Geforce 750ti GPU. Installed it on my HP Pro Series 3400 (core i7, 8gig mem, 300w PSU, updated bios to 7.16), Fan on GPU is running, when I plug the DVI into the board I get blank screen. I can hear it boot to windows, just cant see anything. the latest version of the bios hp has up is 7.16 which does not have the option for video or disable secure boot. How do i get me hands on Bios V8 for this thing? Went to foxconns site and cannot find my MB model (2abf) would it be the H61A bios they have listed?

If you plug the monitor back into the motherboard does your monitor work then? Greens has a good point did you uninstall the video drivers for you Intel graphics and install the new Nvidia drivers? Plugging in a VGA card normally disables the on board graphics but you may need to go into the BIOS and disable the on board there and enable the PEG there.

Atti2d1

Commendable
Jun 28, 2016
Tried that first. Nvidia drivers will not install as the card is not being recognized by the system. So I get the error "No Nvidia card installed" when I try to install the drivers.

Also since my board has the Bios ver. 7.16 there is no option to disable onboard in the bios.

I have tried disabling the security for the slot and enabling VGA sweeping (both together and individually) and still no love.

(also yes the monitor works when plugged into the onboard)

(I can't believe no one has found a workaround for this yet)