EVGA graphics card vs amd card

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

warmachineandrew

Prominent
Sep 17, 2017
Right now I’m looking at an EVGA Nvidia GTX 750 Ti 2GB SC ACX. I would like to know if it’s better or worse that the his 7870 iceq turbo ghz edition that I had before I buy the 750ti. Thank you for your time, have a nice day.

Solution
If it's a brand new card, never been used then chances are extremely good it'll work. It's new.

If it's used, then you have to figure the seller could be just like you and got rid of a card that may or may not work, but used to.

Other than that there's absolutely no reason why the card will not work unless your psu is incapable of powering it for some reason. It's compatible with the mobo, it's compatible with the pcie 2.x the mobo uses, it's compatible with the cpu and bios.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Just checking. Intel doesn't use a 4beep code, but it does use a 2beep,pause,2beep then continue to boot. That beep code is video error, no gpu installed. The only way you'll get that error is if there is an actual gpu installed, it gets recognised as the x16 port being populated, but either the card wasn't fully seated correctly, or no power was supplied to the gpu. So you get the beeps, bios switched to secondary video source (the igpu) and pc should have booted, only you can't see it since the monitor is plugged into the gpu not the motherboard.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
If it's a brand new card, never been used then chances are extremely good it'll work. It's new.

If it's used, then you have to figure the seller could be just like you and got rid of a card that may or may not work, but used to.

Other than that there's absolutely no reason why the card will not work unless your psu is incapable of powering it for some reason. It's compatible with the mobo, it's compatible with the pcie 2.x the mobo uses, it's compatible with the cpu and bios.

Solution