Question EVGA GTX 1070 FTW refuses to post on new setup but is a functional card

May 25, 2020
Recently upgraded my PC components, everything aside from drives, the case and GPU.

AMD Ryzen 3600
MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 gig (8x2)
Thermaltake 80+ white 700W

The new setup is able to boot to Windows 10 using a 750ti or crossfire 7970's, however will not even post with a 1070 inserted. The 1070 runs fine and able to update NVIDIA drivers on my old setup, so I doubt the card is fried.

I've tried resetting CMOS, unplugging HDD, re-seating plugs and PCI-E slot, trying the other slot, and flashing every BIOS version available, to the latest one.

At this point I'm convinced its either a BIOS setting, or a faulty PCI-E slot specifically for my 1070 FTW.

May 25, 2020
Haven't really found a solution to the compatibility issue very few people seem to experience, I posted a similar discussion on the MSI official global forums; https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=340037.0

Will try a better quality PSU at the PC shop and if it doesn't boot, ill have to consider checking the GPU, and/or returning the motherboard, and buying a different variation of the B450.

ASK THE COMMUNITY