[SOLVED] EVGA GTX 1070 not getting detected by motherboard

Jortand

Prominent
Sep 12, 2019
Hi all I have a EVGA GTX 1070 that has been working fine up until I turned on my computer today and my card not being detected by the motherboard. The lights are turning on and the fans are doing like flickering every now and then but it is not getting recognized in the bio or device manager.
I have been reading on forums and everything all morning and the closest I have gotten to my own problem was this thread
from 2016 with some of the same problems but I still don't have a solution.

I have tried putting the card into the other PCIe slot on my motherboard and uninstalling then reinstalling the drivers but still nothing.
I have to use the integrated graphics to look at the BIO and my desktop.

Is my card broken?

Solution
I tested to see if my cables where the problem by trying out my old MSI GTX 770 and it worked fine.
My PSU is a FSP600-50ARN made by FSP Group Inc.
My motherboard is a MSI Z87-G43-Gaming. And I have the latest BIOS installed.
If the previous GPU works fine, then it could well be the current GPU is faulty. In which case I'd imagine it should still be covered by warranty.

I don't know much about that particular FSP unit other than it has a 3 year warranty and some say it doesn't have the best of protections, so depending on how long you've had it, it may be worth looking at.

But i would sooner look at GPU being as your previous one works, especially being as the 770 is a higher power draw card in most cases.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Likely that it could be faulty if it has just suddenly stopped working.
Other idea is that the PSU is not supplying power to it.
Do you have any other problems?
What is your PSU make and model?
Do you have latest BIOS installed?

Jortand

Prominent
Sep 12, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Likely that it could be faulty if it has just suddenly stopped working.
Other idea is that the PSU is not supplying power to it.
Do you have any other problems?
What is your PSU make and model?
Do you have latest BIOS installed?
I tested to see if my cables where the problem by trying out my old MSI GTX 770 and it worked fine.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
If the previous GPU works fine, then it could well be the current GPU is faulty. In which case I'd imagine it should still be covered by warranty.

I don't know much about that particular FSP unit other than it has a 3 year warranty and some say it doesn't have the best of protections, so depending on how long you've had it, it may be worth looking at.

But i would sooner look at GPU being as your previous one works, especially being as the 770 is a higher power draw card in most cases.

Solution

Jortand

Prominent
Sep 12, 2019

I will start look into the warranty on my 1070 as I have been trying everything I can over the past 3 hours.
TY for replying and clearing some things up for me.