Question EVGA Gtx 1070 SC freezing

Dec 1, 2021
I currently have a 1070sc installed in a machine. Yes its installed correctly etc.

When i start windows the system hangs and it seems like my GPU starts overheating? It just lags out and ultimately freezes\hangs.
Funny that before i installed any drivers it appears to run smoothly. I put the newest drivers in, freezes up.
I put it in safe mode, runs smooth no issues.
Sometimes if i start it up im able to get afterburner up and the fans kicked on and the machine runs great. But thats rare.
Any suggestions?
Id hate to see this card die. But if thats the reality..ayeeeee. lol.
I was the original owner of the card, its never been tampered with or overclocked. Was gamed heavy on for a while but nothing out of the ordinary.

Dec 1, 2021
I was able to get a reading earlier today around 53c. I cant get the system to stay stable longer than maybe 30 seconds. Weirdly it runs fine in safemode.bid assume if it was that borked...safemode would fail too? Or am i wrong?

Remeca

Reputable
I was able to get a reading earlier today around 53c. I cant get the system to stay stable longer than maybe 30 seconds. Weirdly it runs fine in safemode.bid assume if it was that borked...safemode would fail too? Or am i wrong?
Working fine in safe mode makes it sound like a driver issue, but 53c seems higher than usual for idle. Try completely removing old drivers using the DDU method, and reinstalling the latest version.

Dec 1, 2021
Working fine in safe mode makes it sound like a driver issue, but 53c seems higher than usual for idle. Try completely removing old drivers using the DDU method, and reinstalling the latest version.

Its a new hard drive. Theres never been any other drivers installed. This is on a fresh install of windows etc.
Strange its idling that high.
Im considering taking the fans off and applying jew thermal paste. Not sure of that would help. But it is weird to idle that high under idle loads.