[SOLVED] EVGA GTX 1080 FTW 2 burnt while playing game

rockxdude

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
I was playing a game and suddenly my pc shut down and the burnt smell starts to come out. After checking it was the GPU. No overclock or anything but I was playing at max setting for 5+ hours or so and forget to check the temp :( .
Will the EVGA honor the warranty in this case?

If you look at GPU there is no sign of burning, it looks clean.

Solution
Even if it was caused by overheating, as long as it wasn't a result of some modifications you made to the card it should still be covered. Modern GPUs are smart enough that they shouldn't overheat to the point of damage unless you've messed around with them.

rockxdude

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
If you're within the warranty period it should be covered, unless you had done something like flashing a different BIOS or taking the card apart.

Yes, it's within the warranty period and no I've done nothing. In fact I do not think it's done by overheating and my air ventilation is proper.
And no visible mark on the card.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Even if it was caused by overheating, as long as it wasn't a result of some modifications you made to the card it should still be covered. Modern GPUs are smart enough that they shouldn't overheat to the point of damage unless you've messed around with them.

Solution