[SOLVED] EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2 overheating?

mixito

Prominent
Nov 3, 2020
While gaming I am getting 81-83c max on heavy load games is it okay? I changed thermal compound and thermal pads of the card which helped a little bit but I think these temps are still high or I am wrong?

Solution
Not to worry.
Graphics cards do run hot, but they are built for it.
80c. is a normal target temperature for a graphics card.
It will try to perform as well as it can while ramping up fans to meed that target.
It isnt somethnig you should really worry about,but you cant deny that those temps are not really normal for that model of the card.
What case do you have and what is your case fan setup?
Open the case sidepanel and let the game to run for 5-10mins see if the temp drops.
Also is the card overclocked and what is the fan curve while gaming?
What are idle temps?

mixito

Prominent
Nov 3, 2020
1.Case is bad fans also not the best, but I removed the side panel and front panel and it helped, waiting for meshify c delivery.
2.card running stock, just made custom fan profile so when it reaches 80c it runs 100% and for 70c it goes 60%
3.On idle I get around 40-45c fans running 15-20%

Reactions: Dj0gany
1.Case is bad fans also not the best, but I removed the side panel and front panel and it helped, waiting for meshify c delivery.
2.card running stock, just made custom fan profile so when it reaches 80c it runs 100% and for 70c it goes 60%
3.On idle I get around 40-45c fans running 15-20%
Just be patient until the case arrives,hopefully it will sort things out

mixito

Prominent
Nov 3, 2020
Just found out my card was using only one fan.... EVGA cards don't work with msi afterburner... Downloaded precision x both fans spinning instantly better temps. Just saying for anyone who will have same problem went from 84 to 65 on full load

Last edited: