EVGA GTX 560 Ti - No HDMI out for CMOS, otherwise fine

tabulated

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
Hello,

I recently built a new system which appears to be working correctly except for one specific problem with HDMI out at boot. It's like this:

1) Onboard DVI out: Shows BIOS, OS, works fine
2) Onboard HDMI out: Same
3) External DVI out: Same
4) External HDMI out: No signal for BIOS, works for OS

So when I reboot using the 560 with HDMI out, I see nothing until the Windows 7 "Welcome" text over the blue background. Otherwise, everything works perfectly.

Hardware:

- Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 motherboard with Award BIOS and drivers installed from included CD

- Intel i7 2600K CPU providing onboard GPU

- EVGA 1GB GTX 560 Ti single card, PCI-E 16, using Nvidia 280.26 drivers

- Corsair TX750 750W PSU

- Patriot Gamer 2 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1333

Again, things mostly work fine. I just don't get the dedicated card's HDMI out for the BIOS/CMOS setup, but it works once the OS loads, and its DVI out always works.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks,
-tab

tabulated

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011

Yes, it was a full system build so every component and the OS (Windows 7 Home Premium, although the issue only exists before the OS loads) was a clean install. The Nvidia drivers are 280.26, the latest non-beta version.

According to the Gigabyte Download Center Tool, all of the moatherbord drivers and the BIOS are up to date.

Thanks,
-tab

You can just get over it and use the DVI regularly, no difference between HDMI and DVI... only the Sound output from the HDMI and the cable width :)
But if you want to troubleshoot the problem you can try to set the Monitor Input to be HDMI, also it might be that the HDMI from the GTX 560Ti takes a bit long on detection.