EVGA GTX 580 mini hdmi output for third display?

mikeannam

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
New system and new vid card EVGA GTX 280 Has two DVIs and one mini HDMI I want to run three displays two will plug in to the DVIs and (can I use the mini HDMI for the Third display ) or do I need to save more for a second Vid card and SLI ?

Mike M

mikeannam

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011

And how about the ability to make them all appear as one giant screen? -With out "stretching the window" or running within a window as in full screen?

like I mentioned b4 Id like to run 3 monitors , but have it appear as one big screen. Also do all game support this or only a few let you render it that way?

Thank you for the comments - Mike

Timop

Distinguished

Like Eyefinity? You can do that with SLI or a Triple/Dual head to go.
To do that with a single card you need AMD.

NVIDIA Surround on three displays using the GeForce GTX 280 is going to require that you save up and add a second GeForce GTX 280 for 2-way SLI.

This will require an SLI capable motherboard and a power supply unit capable of powering a 2-way SLI'd GeForce GTX 280 system. You'll need a power supply with a minimum +12 Volt continuous current rating of 60 Amps or greater and with at least two 6-pin and two 8-pin PCI-E Supplementary Power Connectors.

If you would of had a GeForce GTX 590 or a GeForce GTX 295 graphics card you would already have been able to run NVIDIA Surround on three displays.