theuglysandwich

Honorable
Oct 24, 2017
Build:i5 2400
16gb ddr3
ASRock H61M-DP3/ASM LGA 1155 Intel H61 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Evga bronze 600 watt psu
EVGA GTX 650 1 GB

I have been messing around with an old build I had and my gtx 650 doesnt work with it anymore. I was just wondering if anyone could help me figure out whats wrong if its not actually just broken. I have tried clearing cmos because I have used a different gpu on this motherboard before. I am using Linux if that matters. I have tried both pcie 2.0 and pcie 3.0 slots and neither work. I have selected pci express in the bios. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this problem, let me know!

Solution
If your motherboard is on the latest BIOS and you've tried running the system while breadboarded to rule out that your system is functioning as it should, then the issue can and will be the discrete GPU and/or the PSU.

What was the other GPU you used on the system? A faulty or failing PSU that can't deliver the necessary power to all components can also exhibit the same issue you're seeing.

Lutfij

Titan
If your motherboard is on the latest BIOS and you've tried running the system while breadboarded to rule out that your system is functioning as it should, then the issue can and will be the discrete GPU and/or the PSU.

What was the other GPU you used on the system? A faulty or failing PSU that can't deliver the necessary power to all components can also exhibit the same issue you're seeing.

Solution

theuglysandwich

Honorable
Oct 24, 2017

Ok so the other gpu im using is a gtx 1080 so I dont think its the PSU fault HOWEVER i dont think it is the gpu's fault either, I tested it on my other pc and it showed the bios. I am going to make sure my motherboard bios is updated and Ill come back and letcha know!