EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW Edition trouble

Colbymh98

Reputable
Jul 19, 2014
I just tried installing the card, and upon doing so and attempting to boot, I'm met with a black screen. No BIOS, no OS, nothing. With the card left in the PCI-E slot, and the HDMI connected to the motherboard with my standard on-board Intel 2000 graphics, it won't boot either. Now the fan for the GPU does in fact start, (as well as the CPU, case fan, and LEDS) and continues to until I shutoff the PC. When I moved the HDMI cable back to the motherboard after trying it plugged into the GPU, It booted for a few seconds, shutoff for a few, and automatically rebooted, but still didn't get anything. I have to physically remove the card to get a successful boot. My assumption is that it's my PSU, as someone told me it sounded like a shortage, and I might just agree with that. Just wondering what you guys think. Now normally the 750 Tis don't come with a power cable and port, but the FTW edition does. My stock Dell PSU doesn't have a 6-pin or a molex, so I couldn't use the other power option. That's what is making me think it's my PSU.

Colbymh98

Reputable
Jul 19, 2014

I updated my BIOS, and the system was able to boot while having the card plugged into the PCI-E slot this time, but had a black screen when I would try it with the card's HDMI. The drivers are not working, (the CD and newest) and my PC says error 43 in device manager under the card.

DM Gold

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2014
r3xx3r had a fix for this. I dont take credit for this.

"two things:

did you update windows before this happened?

try this:
First, uninstall the NVIDIA drivers (if they are still installed) using Programs and Features. You can get to Programs and Features by clicking on the Vista Orb, then clicking on Control Panel. Then click Uninstall a Program. Once in Programs and Features, you need to find NVIDIA Drivers and click Uninstall/Change. Make sure the NVIDIA Display Driver checkbox is checked, then click Remove.

Next, please download and install Guru3D Driver Sweeper from here. (Click on the Download (Europe) link, then scroll down and click on I Agree.)

Then, boot the computer into safe mode. To do this,
Turn the computer on (or restart the computer if it is already on).
Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Boot Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.
Ensure that the Safe mode option is selected.
Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in safe mode.
Next, open the program, Guru3D Driver Sweeper, that you just installed. Check the checkbox for cleaning NVIDIA - Display drivers. Then press the Clean button.

Reboot normally (not into safe mode), and then, download and install the drivers found here.

Reboot when prompted, and let us know if you still receive the error message."

Colbymh98

Reputable
Jul 19, 2014

It was the power supply, I went ahead and bought the Corsair 750m, so I have room for upgradeability as well. Thanks for your help and time none the less.