evga gtx 760 sc 2gb for a pny 770 oc 4gb

Bonesaw9000

Reputable
Jun 11, 2014
my friend is giving me his PNY gtx 770 oc 4gb for my evga 760 sc 2gb is it a good idea idk if PNY is the best or i should just sell my evga and spend money on a new evga 770. so if someone would help that would be great :)

Solution
if he's willing to trade you a more expensive and faster GPU for your slower and less expensive one, you should take it. As long as his works.

The only difference between PNY and EVGA would be their cooling solution, the card's performance will be more or less the same between different vendors.

Entomber

Admirable
if he's willing to trade you a more expensive and faster GPU for your slower and less expensive one, you should take it. As long as his works.

The only difference between PNY and EVGA would be their cooling solution, the card's performance will be more or less the same between different vendors.

Solution

Bonesaw9000

Reputable
Jun 11, 2014

ok so its a good idea to take it then thanks :D

The GTX 770 is about 19-21% better in performance vs. the GTX 760. If you are both using a single 1080p display, the extra VRAM won't even be a factor.

Why would he want to make this trade unless he knows something is wrong with his PNY card?

Bonesaw9000

Reputable
Jun 11, 2014

me and him have been friends for a really long time i was talking him into it he said he does not ever game so i asked for the trade. he also said if anything goes wrong he will give mine back and he is also probs gonna give mineback once he buys a laptop he said :) sorry for bad punctuation and by bad i mean non xD