EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX Sudden Failure

sego55

Prominent
May 4, 2017
i had a problem with my GTX 780 while playing Fifa 17 the game suddenly stopped and got this message http://imgur.com/2OsN4mt
and the whole PC freezed i restarted my PC after the restart the card didn't get a proper driver and showed an Exclamation mark in device manager and did not work properly and got some blue big pixels and purple also or black and withe blocks some times :) i tired another driver some times it does't recognize & when it is recognized it still is not installed and win does not have sleep option as a proof of no VGA driver.
i tried my card on another pc the same problem still exists.
i use hair dryer on the card after a lot of unsuccessful tires and voilà it worked perfect
i tried it again with gaming it worked perfect then a sudden blue 7 purple screen appeared for a second and worked fine while playing
today i played also FIFA 17 while entering the game it freezed the screen and got the same message again.

**as i remember the first time this freeze happened i was playing HitMan 2017 and i thought it some king of game problem as the card worked perfect in every aspect

** Note: as i remember i was using Nvidia driver 381.65 while the driver update message appeared for 381.89 update
**now using driver 382.05
Sorry for the the Long Explanation Please how can i solve this and why it is happening

Solution

I have had exactly the same problem as you, my GTX780 failed in the same way after three years of use. I have just replaced it with a GTX1060 6Gb card and am pleased with the greatly improved performance. Graphic cards are subjected to a lot of stress and they do fail after a time.

I think you will have to bite the bullet and buy a replacement I'm afraid!

sego55

Prominent
May 4, 2017
is SeaSonic 620 PSU is enough ?!
thanks any way for your reply =D
What is the alternatives for my card right now ! with the same performance or better

Flak999

Reputable
Mar 24, 2014

I have had exactly the same problem as you, my GTX780 failed in the same way after three years of use. I have just replaced it with a GTX1060 6Gb card and am pleased with the greatly improved performance. Graphic cards are subjected to a lot of stress and they do fail after a time.

I think you will have to bite the bullet and buy a replacement I'm afraid!

Solution

sego55

Prominent
May 4, 2017

Thanks man, i am really disappointed but i try to save some money to get a new card thanks for the advice
BTW is ur card is also EVGA ?!!
and have you changed ur PSU or not !
whats ur new Card Vendor if i may ask

Flak999

Reputable
Mar 24, 2014
My GTX 780 that has just failed was an EVGA card. It failed two weeks outside of its three year warranty. This could be a coincidence but previous EVGA cards that I have had have also failed fairly early in their life. I have not changed my PSU as it is a Corsair AX850 and has plenty of power for my rig with my new GTX 1060 in it.

On the recommendation of another forum member I have moved away from EVGA this time and my new card is an MSI GTX 1060 6gb gaming X card. Hopefully this card will have more longevity than my previous cards!

One word of caution here though if you are tempted to go for the same card, it is very large! Check your case dimensions before you purchase to make sure it will fit!

sego55

Prominent
May 4, 2017

Thanks A lot