EVGA GTX 780 ti vs Zotac GTX 780 ti

jetguat

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2013
I recently received and order from a system builder. In my order I was quoted an EVGA gtx 708ti, perhaps by accident, I am still checked, I received a Zotac gtx 780 ti. I did not do any research on zotac, but it would appear that the model that I received is not equivalent to the EVGA that I was quoted and paid for. The EVGA has higher base and boost clock rate.

The EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked w/ EVGA ACX Cooler GPU part number is: 03G-P4-2884-KR, the Zotac part number is ZT-70506-10P

I am in discussion with the system builder. Hate to think I will have to send the system back, but I might. In the meantime. Can you experts fill me in on a good EVGA vs ZOTAC comparison? I hand picked EVGA of Asus and the Gigabyte. The EVGA is better right?

Solution
Agreed not much difference, but EVGA is a better brand.

Zotac is always the cheapest card, at almost any sight. That means something.

They also recently appeared to pull out of North America, but then said they weren't.

randomhkkid

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012

Yes the EVGA is the faster card. The difference may only be slight but if you pciekd and paid for the EVGA the system builder should replace it.

millwright

Distinguished
Agreed not much difference, but EVGA is a better brand.

Zotac is always the cheapest card, at almost any sight. That means something.

They also recently appeared to pull out of North America, but then said they weren't.

Solution

jetguat

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2013

thanks for the ram. Generally speaking. I consider EVGA a top notch/top quality company. I am trying to read about zotac as we speak, i get they feeling they are more price conscience, not necessarily bad, but more budget oriented. As such, perhaps in generally not a good. Views on that. In general, is it a no brainer that you take EVGA over Zotac. example what if it was the AMP! edition of zotac that is more equivalent to the EVGA I picked. Still select EVGA over zotac?

jetguat

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2013

thanks millwright. thats sorta what I thought. The replies came in quicker than I could type a reply :)

randomhkkid

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012

It depends, raw performance these cards will perform within 5% of each other. It comes down to design and added features if it were me. Also company presence and support in case an RMA is required.

millwright

Distinguished
Welcome!

The truth is that most computer brands are reliable today, but there is still a difference.

Power Color is another one I just can't bring myself to buy.
Power color is one of the oldest video card manufacturer, but is also the lowest price next to Zotac.

I had Power Color cards probably 25 years ago.

To me the difference in the good cards is the cooling, not the performance, for the most part.

The warranty.

The best is XFX.
Their dual fan units, are lifetime .