EVGA GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 vs GTX 970 Superclocked

BlakRam

Reputable
Oct 1, 2014
I currently have a 970 Superclocked sitting in an unopened box because I wanted the 970 FTW. I getting tired of waiting and wanted to know if there is really that big of a difference in performance?
FTW has 1216mhz base clock, 1367mhz boost clock, 126gt/s texture fill rate.
SC has 1140mhz base clock, 1279mhz boost clock, 118gt/s texture fill rate.
I believe everything else is the same. Thx

Solution
I used EVGA step up program to get a FTW instead of my SC . Yes there is a difference , the FTW clocks WAY better , and with the free back plate temps are about 5-6 degrees C cooler , which means you can run fans at lower speed , which means less noise ! running Heaven and Valley benchmarks with temps around 60-62 Deg C , with fans around the 30-35 % mark , can barely hear them , and I have quite a quiet system .

lagartijanick

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
I used EVGA step up program to get a FTW instead of my SC . Yes there is a difference , the FTW clocks WAY better , and with the free back plate temps are about 5-6 degrees C cooler , which means you can run fans at lower speed , which means less noise ! running Heaven and Valley benchmarks with temps around 60-62 Deg C , with fans around the 30-35 % mark , can barely hear them , and I have quite a quiet system .

Solution

intramorph

Honorable
Feb 26, 2014

Can you please tell me how you got the "Free" Backplate? I'm about to buy the FTW edition. x2 so I can run them in SLI. It doesn't look like they come with any backplates however

Brian Blair

Reputable
Mar 20, 2014

The backplate makes no difference in the temps, The FTW runs cooler because they put a heat plate between the heat pipes and the chip. So the FTW's chip makes full contact with all the pipes. I honestly do not know why EVGA did not do this to start with. I have a SC ACX 2.0, The cooler is honestly not bad at all. It is actually pretty good. But the heat plate definitely would have helped.