evga gtx 970 not working

ohhiit

Reputable
Mar 6, 2015
Okay so today I got my Evga gtx 970 sc everything worked fine until I plug the gpu in. The pc turns on for a split second. I have the molex cables plugged into the peripheral cables the card is in the pcie slot. I have a msi z97 gaming 5 mobo, 750w psu corsair. I feel that everything should be working, but literally turns off.

can be few issues. one could be a dead short and the mb/power supply see it and are turning the pc off to save your parts. two. the 8 pin mb power cable not in all the way or your missing one of the power cables to the gpu. check that the cables going to the mb 8 pin are two 4 pin cables that says cpu1/cpu2. on the gpu you should be using the 6 plus 2 cables for video power. check that there no bent pin on the gpu video slot or junk in it. check that the gpu is fine and no parts are ripped off of it. also make sure the mb bios rev it updated can be a bios bug. (mb have a inrush sensor to turn the power off if it sees a spike.) some over clocked nvidia cards cant false trip some mb without a bios update.