EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 Boot Black Screen after restart for drivers.

FL clutch

Reputable
Dec 29, 2014
Hello. I would appreciate any response.
I recently got a EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 and installed it. I run 2 monitors on DVI but the 980 only has 1 DVI port so had to use HDMI for the other one. The HDMI monitor wasn't recognised and the light on the monitor was dark orange as if it was turned on but the display wasn't used. I downloaded the drivers from the installation disk. Once that had completed it asked for a restart. I restarted and when I boot up again it gets past the loading windows page and then hangs on a balck screen. NOTE: I did no uninstall the AMD drivers from the XFX 7850 i had before. I don't know if this was the problem but will try this. I have had to put my 7850 in for my PC to work. Any obvious fixes or suggestions? All will be appreciated!
PC Specs:
GIGABYTE Ultra Durable Z77-D3H
Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.4Ghz
Corsair cs650m 650W PSU
Corsair H80i CPU water cooler
8gb ram corsair vengeance
1TB seagate barracudda
and of course what will be the 980 but XFX 7850

Solution
yep uninstall all drivers then restart.

then turn off and swap GPU's. turn on and wait for windows to install the nvidia drivers (restart if needed)

install the drivers that you will get ahead of time from the nvdia site itself. never use the disc, newer versions can always be found online.

fkr

Splendid
yep uninstall all drivers then restart.

then turn off and swap GPU's. turn on and wait for windows to install the nvidia drivers (restart if needed)

install the drivers that you will get ahead of time from the nvdia site itself. never use the disc, newer versions can always be found online.

Solution