Question EVGA GTX1080ti SC Black Screen Flickering

BrandonR_117

Commendable
May 7, 2017
Hey everyone. So this issue has been occurring to me for more than a few months, but since last night it has gotten extremely worse.

Their is this flicker on my monitor that occurs pretty much every few seconds now. It is extremely annoying.
I've tried DDU, I've tried a new DisplayPort Cable. I recently re-seated my GPU as well.

This happens in-game as well.

My temps are all normal. I don't notice any artifact(ing).
I'm truly lost at what this could be.
I also recently upgraded monitors to a 34" 120hz IPS Ultrawide, but the flicker would still happen on my other monitor a 27" IPS 165hz 1440p.

BrandonR_117

Commendable
May 7, 2017
No artifacts or anything, but I think I may have found a possible culprit. The monitor may be a dud.
I just plugged in a cheap monitor I had via Displayport and no flickering has happened (yet).
This is odd, because on my old Predator it would flicker, but the problem would disappear for a while and then come back.
On my Alienware Ultrawide it started last night and got way worse today, to the point it is unusable.
And in games it still flickers.

BrandonR_117

Commendable
May 7, 2017
A little update.
So I did more research and found out it could be the overclock. Natively it's max 100hz, with the possibility to overclock at 120hz. I set it too 120hz and was fine for about a week or two until the flickering started happening.
I spoke to MicroCenter and was almost done boxing the monitor up when I decided to try again. And so far, no flickering.
I didn't change anything, just plugged it in again. Not sure what the issue could have been, maybe it fixed itself. I don't know. I am truly bewildered right now.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.