Question EVGA GTX650 Ti crashes with drivers installed but works in safe mode and without drivers ?

CS_044

Commendable
Aug 25, 2020
Hi All,

So I got given a GTX650Ti 1GB from a friend a few months back, and have had it sat around for a while, been messing with it every now and then. The first day I had it, it worked fine, got all my benchmarks and the like that I do for my cards, but soon after, the GPU started to randomly crash with the drivers installed.

So I did the usual things of DDUing the drivers, reinstalling and the like, but when I reinstall them, they work fine before a restart, but as soon as the PC is restarted, the GPU does not load the drivers and reverts to the basic ones, which means the card runs in like 480p or something.

I have also taken the card apart and cleaned it and also reapplied fresh thermal paste, so heat shouldn't be an issue, unless it is VRAM related since this card has a basic cooler and no thermal pads, as far as i'm aware, since that is how I recieved it.

Any help would be appreciated.

CS_044

Commendable
Aug 25, 2020
I would try reflashing the bios BIOS for 650 ti link There are many youtube videos on how to do it, its been many years since ive flashed a bios.

Otherwise the card may have just died.
Alright, so did a bit of testing, managed to get the card to work properly on older drivers (391.35) - checked the bios version and it matches what came with the card, so it might just be some gremlins.