EVGA Has A New Z170 Motherboard, But It's Classified

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudmont

Reputable
Feb 23, 2015
MJAS, does it still have the PLX chip, and is still set up the same way, IE, the first 16x slot doesn't use the plx bypass, and the rest do. In short, are the PCIE slots set up the same way as the classified?

I'm actually not completely sure. I don't think it has one because companies usually really heavily advertise it when it does, but this time EVGA didn't mention it. I'll contact EVGA to double check.

Baumy15

Reputable
May 12, 2014
The classified has this while the classified has this but the classified swaps out this where the classified uses this instead the classified had better audio and the classified uses this. Reading this was very confusing

Au_equus

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
MJAS, does it still have the PLX chip, and is still set up the same way, IE, the first 16x slot doesn't use the plx bypass, and the rest do. In short, are the PCIE slots set up the same way as the classified?
Next to the south bridge, on the lower central section, there's a sticker that says, "built in PLX chip/4-way SLI"

koffeeshop77

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015
clasiffied k is worse the clasified "clasified on the chip set cooler" is better. better sound better conctivity, cable mangment, usb,heat pipe cooling, VRM's,
i wouldnt technicly call the "k" a clasified at all, but i guess they just ran out of call signs at EVGA

That is on the Z170 Classified, not the Z170 Classified K.

Status
Not open for further replies.