Evga Introduces GTX 750 2GB FTW Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip Wager

Honorable
May 30, 2013
still think the 660 is the best bang for your buck at this price point considering i've seen them as low as 170; Also ive seen amd 7850s for 150 as well but the 750 does fill the niche of someone with a low end prebuilt system that needs good graphics but couldn't afford to also upgrade their power supply to accommodate high end graphics. i don't see a point in this EVGA unless you are just diehard nvidia/evga fan and you just want the best you can for less than $150.

Au_equus

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
You know how it is. Until there's a credible lead with an AMD GPU in the works capable of beating the 780ti across the board, nvidia will continue trickling out low-mid range cards.

Sep 22, 2013
I'm still trying to figure out how this card is relevant at all. I could have a number of much better Nvidia cards for just slightly more, or a 7870 for roughly the same price.I feel like Nvidia had a bunch of lower/mid-level Keplers sitting around and were like, "Well, screw it, let's release another card made for no one."

Except that the 750 and 750Ti are not Kepler cards as they are built on the Maxwell architecture but are using the same 28nm node.

Pedasc

Reputable
Mar 12, 2014
Enough with the low end Maxwells already. Bring out a Maxwell GTX880.
I'm actually hoping for a GTX870 or GTX860. I want something decently fast that runs cool and quiet to replace my old GTX470. I'd like to upgrade but I want really quiet this time and I want enough of a boost in performance to make it worth my while.Of course I want the GTX880 out as well to help drive the prices down.

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
What EVGA really needs to do is offer a true single slot, low profile GTX 750 and GTX 750 Ti. Tom's Hardware already proved that TDP is not an issue with a low profile cooler and can be adequately cooled with a dual-slot passive cooler. So, why is it that no manufacturer has yet to offer a slim design when the vast majority of consumers have stated they want this kind of single-slot low profile solutio? UGH!!!!!

Sep 22, 2013

Do we really have any definitive proof this is true? I mean, why release your latest chip arch on a mediocre card? It doesn't really make sense, in fact it makes me question if the chip yields are what has been delaying the release of major Maxwell cards.

I think if you can release a mid-range card on the new architecture, you should wait until you can also release a performance card, too.

Did you not read any of the various articles that have been published about those cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.