EVGA Intros Dual-Panel LCD Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekasav

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2008
Neat! Would be very nice if you had to have two people looking at/working on the same thing. Also a much more elegant way to have 2 monitors; I hope they come in 19"+ soon.

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
[citation][nom]IronRyan21[/nom]Would it be cheaper to do this yourself? Like buy two monitors and the mounting hardware?[/citation]

sure but no LCD arm i've seen, and trust me i've seen craploads werking for local govt entities, that come with the integrated ports and the such. also none that handle 2 monitors at once with the flexibility this one does...

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
It looks very nice, but and odd number would have been ideal.
My setup has a vertical 22" and a horizontal 22": One for videos and one for browsing.

fromeast2west

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
The $650 is also probably just a suggested price. The actual retail price should be much closer to the cost of two 17" LCDs.

The arms may be nice, but the ports and webcam shouldn't impact the price too much.

kato128

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
I can't get over the massive gap between both screens. I would've hoped a dual panel display would have all but elminated that. The gap between my displays is maybe an inch but that looks like it's got to be at least 4" and a big gap really breaks the usefulness of dual screens imho. Surely they could have mounted the camera and mic at the top of the bezel rather than in the centre and close that gap.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Two 17" monitors with unimpressive specs but a great rotational stand. Woulda been better with a little beefier 22" monitors but I guess this will do for business.

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2008
What a trick!! They stick two small cheap panels (with poor contrast ratio and response time) with a flexible arm and want to sell it for the price of three 22" panels!! I got my full-HD 21.5" 1000:1 5ms screen for $142!!!

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
Accountants would never buy this. It's not really superior to two identical $75 17" monitors but costs more. Accountants are all about cost controls. What a waste fo development dollars.

sylvez

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2005
this is just for the 'looking cool' factor.

usefulnesswise its as good as a macbook.

oh dear i didnt just go there did i

etrnl_frost

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009
Before everyone starts talking about how small the screens are, keep in mind the application. This isn't for gaming - high res isn't necessary. This would fit very well in a one-one training application, or for companies standardizing on dual monitors for their employees. I think it's a fantastic idea - haven't read enough on the costs, etc, to see how that would figure.

For personal use? Admittedly, yes, at least 19" would be good.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Seems most of you are forgetting that in order for this to work properly, the monitors have to be able to "flip" the screen so that the person on the other side doesn't see a wall of upside-down crap. That's what increases the monitor cost - their auto-sensing technology. Standard monitors don't have it, but these do.

Grab all those 20-24" ones some of you were boasting about and flip 'em upside-down now. Are you having fun doing your work and/or playing your games now? Didn't think so...

This is a niche item, and I am certain there are people out there who desire such a product. Still, it's a bit too costly and the actual monitor size is too small.

Fusion777

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
windows has screen rotation capability built-in...

think I might prefer one 27" LCD for $400...

still, for the physical ability to swivel the 17" around it's unmatched

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Looks like a peice of shit at a horrid resolution.
Would rather a widescreen for a single setup, but a 5/4 or a 4/3 for a duel set up (as I used to run...).

Status
Not open for further replies.