Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
"Hey look at Sapphire and their 7970! We should do the same..."

My prediction:

"Hm, what if we release a limited edition GTX Titan for the Macs as well?..."

yobobjm

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Do any GOOD games run on MAC, yet? What's the point?[/citation]
Deus Ex Human Revolution, but my bet is that will run on intel HD 4000 :D

yobobjm

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
I actually wonder why companies like EVGA are investing in this. It will only fit the Mac pro, which sells in EXTREMELY low numbers, and yet it probably costs a decent amount to develop and produce the card. Will this even turn a profit?

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Do any GOOD games run on MAC, yet? What's the point?[/citation]
Gaming is pretty much moot on Apple machines, but multimedia and compute applications are not.

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
[citation][nom]DarkSable[/nom]Jackson, doesn't that seem a little silly then, with the shitty compute performance of Kepler?Also, boo EVGA.. they took away the ONLY reason to buy a mac edition card... the pretty white shroud! XP[/citation]
Of course, but most consumers won't know that..

echondo

Honorable
May 29, 2012

Not to be THAT guy, but Borderlands 2 is available for Mac on Steam and every Source game from Valve is also available for Mac OSX.

Blazer1985

Honorable
May 21, 2012
Macs are SO BEHIND in terms of 3d and gpgpu performance. One year behind with mac pro, a LIFE behind with iMacs.
Really... the best video card available on an iMac is the same I have in my alienware laptop :-/

janetonly42

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
That depends on what you consider a good game. I prefer Bethesda games like Fallout and Oblivian but if you like the Online Call of Duty stuff then...
Since Tom's is to lazy to do any proper research and give us a price I found this at xlabs,
"EVGA GeForce GTX 680 Mac Edition 2GB will cost much more than similar graphics adapters for Windows-based PCs. The graphics card will cost $599 and will be available shortly."
Would love to have this in a Mac Pro but do games work on Xenon processors?
$2.674
One 3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon processor
8GB (4X2GB)
2TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s hard drive
ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB

billgatez

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012

Boot camp. Most MAC users i know have windows installed.

nbelote

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
[citation][nom]janetonly42[/nom]Would love to have this in a Mac Pro but do games work on Xenon processors?$2.674One 3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon processor8GB (4X2GB)2TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s hard driveATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB[/citation]

Yes. A Xeon is an Intel x86-64 CPU, you will be fine. Game away.

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
Interesting how top of the line hardware is making it to the Mac. I hope they eventually get a bigger share of PC gaming in general and maybe bring something new to the table. Microsoft is either way out of touch or they simply do not care for PC gaming. Games for Windows Live still crashes fi you use it too quickly.

royalcrown

Distinguished
[citation][nom]-Jackson[/nom]Gaming is pretty much moot on Apple machines, but multimedia and compute applications are not.[/citation]

It's easy to game on mac, there are 3 games I play now that run native on OSX, Diablo 3, Eve Online, Guild Wars 2. There is also such thing as bootcamp and it works great. I used it on my Imac to play BF3.

http://store.steampowered.com/browse/mac/

royalcrown

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Blazer1985[/nom]Macs are SO BEHIND in terms of 3d and gpgpu performance. One year behind with mac pro, a LIFE behind with iMacs.Really... the best video card available on an iMac is the same I have in my alienware laptop :-/[/citation]

You are incorrect, how in the hell is a 680 mobile way behind the times ? It's current tech as of right now. Also they are no slower than a pc running 2560 x 1440.

Status
Not open for further replies.