EVGA Launches Three GTX 1070 Cards, Reveals A Fourth

Status
Not open for further replies.

fullauto2009

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016
I think its strange, its been 2 weeks+ and you still cant find a 1080 online. If youre going to launch a product, why isnt it available?

dstarr3

Distinguished
Gotta say, still not a fan of the looks of these. I still prefer the look of EVGA's 700 and 900 cards. Maybe it'll grow on me. Maybe they'll be replaced before then. D'know. Just... not really digging it yet.

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015

I found the prices after publishing the article.
The table has been updated.

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015

That's a symptom of demand. I know two people who have managed to buy 1080's so far. One online and one in-store.
Everyone wants to get their hands on a 1080 so they have been flying off the shelves (often before they even there)

The problem is they're all going out of stock. It's pretty common when new cards come out. The same is going to happen with the GTX 1070 guaranteed. So sit back and be patient.

Graf Orlock

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016
The 1080s have been released they simply sell out in a matter of minutes each time they come in stock, the demand for them is too high they cant make them fast enough

MusenMouse

Respectable
Mar 24, 2016
Well if there is no competition there really is no rush to saturate the market with a product. AMD chose not to compete in the same price range as Nvidia so both companies are free to control their supply with very little concern for demand.

Now if AMD Polaris is a slam dunk, then things might become interesting.

king3pj

Distinguished
I'm disappointed with the pricing on these. I have been an EVGA supporter for a while and had my eyes on an ACX 3.0 1070. I think it sucks that the cheapest one available is $420. This is $40 more than the MSRP Nvidia announced of $380 and it doesn't even come with a factory overclock.

If you want their factory overclocked SC model it's $440. This is $60 more than the MSRP and only $10 less than the Founders Edition. That's not even bringing the FTW model which is aimed at overclockers into the discussion.

Honestly, I think their GTX 1080 pricing seems more reasonable. I hate the idea of paying $40 more than the MSRP on the 1070 just for their custom cooler.

They have a blower style card that is only $10 more than MSRP and an ACX 3.0 card that is only $20 more than MSRP available for the 1080. These are much cheaper than the Founders Edition cards while they are trying to get near Founders Edition pricing out of all of their 1070 cards.

I'm only playing at 1440p so a GTX 1070 seemed like a better fit for me but if one of the other brands can't get closer to the $380 MSRP I might bump up to one of the low end GTX 1080s.

Myrmidonas

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2013
On the other (east) side of the Atlantic, the prices are as high as over 500 Euros for the 1070 and above 800 Euros for the 1080. An arm and a leg for those wishing to go SLI.
I found a rather hilarious comment from someone who did go for SLI saying "I sold one kidney, but I am satisfied with what I got in return". Obviously a joke but a very acurate one.

It's the big price-point squeeze, but nVidia is mostly slugging it out with themselves and the 980TIs. The Radeon R9 Nano looks like a nice fit beside the GTX 1070 at $420. Looks like the GTX 980 is going to be 'orphaned' against a $350 R9 390X. If the old 290s are any gauge, the 390(X)s will drop a good bit further, too.

Thank goodness. It's going to be a video card Nerd Bonanza Gang War from $250- to $200.
:D

SpAwNtoHell

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015
Nice cards but for most this is still a " paper launch"... Not know the couse unless we are repeating 680 history or maybe retailers are playing a game to sell maxwell stock and inflate price for a high demand excuse... Just suppositions but is strange that parteners cards cost more the reference with stock clocks... At least in uk...good thing out of all of this i can get a titan x for less then 1070 on ebay brand new sealed... Still in doubt if to jump on it or wait 2 months and hopefully things will settle down and be able to get a pascal or we are still going to wait for stock...

bananaforscale

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016
Ditto, had to replace my gaming chair for what's most of a 1070's price and availability is low to say the least. I'll wait at least until the end of the month, maybe until end of July so we'll get a few comparos in. (Ideally, a hybrid cooled board would be nice, but that depends on the price premium.)

alextheblue

Distinguished
Are there any models selling at Nvidia's guidance of $379? If so I imagine they are never in stock. I can't really blame the OEMs, with Nvidia putting a large premium on the FE it doesn't seem entirely fair to expect the manufacturers to sell a custom model at $379. Especially while demand is high.

George Phillips

Reputable
Jun 17, 2015
There is no reason for these manufacturers to sell them at $379 now since these custom cards are better than FE cards. So they will at least match $449 for these custom cards. I think it is fair.

hannibal

Distinguished
A custom 1070 that has worse cooler than founders edition may cost less, but if the card is better than founders edition it will cost more... It would be stupid to sell good product at low price, if there just is demand for it. Also those retail sellers have to sell all those old 980, 970 cards, so they will keep the price high above them, so that they can get rid of the old junk.

king3pj

Distinguished
I strongly disagree with the last two posts. All you have to do is look at the GTX 1080 prices to see that this problem is unique to the 1070. EVGA has a custom blower style design for $610, an ACX 3.0 cooled design for $620, the SC model for $650, and even the higher end FTW model for $680. That's 4 models that are cheaper than the Founders Edition (700) and 3 of them are also better than the Founders Edition. Two of them are very close to the MSRP of $600.

The 1070 on the other hand has nothing close to the MSRP. The SC 1070 is only $10 cheaper than the Founders Edition while the SC 1080 is $50 cheaper than the Founders Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.