EVGA Nvidia 750Ti Superclocked vs. 750Ti FTW

Solution
I personally own the 750 Ti FTW on my Debian Linux distro because of the great OpenGL performance but also have Windows on that computer installed on an auxiliary SSD. I've also done a build for a good friend with the 750 TI SC.

The SC is a very good card for the price. It has no drawbacks that I can see and is very small and easy to fit into the case. The main bonuses over the FTW edition is the form factor and the fact you don't need any extra 6-pin or 8-pin connectors to get it to work. This made the SC the logical choice for a Small Form Factor budget gaming PC that still wanted to play all of the latest games at good FPS. The end result of both the 750 Tis I've worked with is amazing; but the 750 Ti FTW is the card I currently use...

Fananagram

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014
I personally own the 750 Ti FTW on my Debian Linux distro because of the great OpenGL performance but also have Windows on that computer installed on an auxiliary SSD. I've also done a build for a good friend with the 750 TI SC.

The SC is a very good card for the price. It has no drawbacks that I can see and is very small and easy to fit into the case. The main bonuses over the FTW edition is the form factor and the fact you don't need any extra 6-pin or 8-pin connectors to get it to work. This made the SC the logical choice for a Small Form Factor budget gaming PC that still wanted to play all of the latest games at good FPS. The end result of both the 750 Tis I've worked with is amazing; but the 750 Ti FTW is the card I currently use in my second PC so I have more hands-on experience with it.

The FTW is fast, really really fast. I was blown away by the performance of EVGA's card simply because it was so darn easy to overclock with (thanks in no small part to EVGA's oversized dual-ACX cooler) I managed to easily get 1439 MHz clock with stock bios and voltage running smooth as butter capping out at around 51-53C temperature which is very cool for this tiny Maxwell chip.

tl;dr

Get the FTW if you have the extra $10, the space, and the spare 6-pin (it also included a Molex->6-pin adapter just in case).

If you don't have space, and are worried about your Power Supply not having the available power or power connectors go for the SC edition.

Closing Comments: With EVGA precision X it's very easy to overclock this card. I even helped the aforementioned friend (who admittedly thought she would make the card catch fire if she overclocked) get her own very respectable on her single-fan SC version. As far as I can tell there's literally no reason not to do it because both coolers seem to keep the Maxwell chip and memory well within limits.

Solution