Dec 3, 2013
Here are the specs for my build:
- CPU: CPU: Intel Core i5-8600k 6c/6t @ 4.3 GHz
- RAM: 16 GB DDR4 Dual-Channel @ 2666 MHz
- Motherboard: ASUS TUF Z370-PLUS GAMING
- PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750 W
- Storage: SanDisk 240 GB SSD, WD Blue 1TB HDD, Toshiba 1 TB HDD
- Operating System: Windows 10 Education

The issue that I am having is that I am often having an issue with my 1070 Ti in which my computer completely blacks out when idling (which the monitors get no signal and cannot use the keyboard and mouse to interact with the computer without hard resetting the computer) and the GPU fans blow at 100% speed. This had been going on during the past few weeks. Keep in mind that this only happens in idle and does not happen when the graphics card is on full load (i.e. playing an intensive game or running an intensive graphics benchmark).

Currently, I have a dual monitor setup consisting of 24" 1440p monitor (which serves as my primary for gaming) and a 23" 1080p monitor (which serves as my secondary for running Discord, HWiNFO64, or any other programs I need to run on the side while I game).

Here are some of the things that I have tried to attempt to solve the issue:
- Flashed the BIOS to the latest version on my motherboard (at first, I thought it was an issue with the motherboard)
- Uninstalled the NVIDIA graphics driver version 398.82 using DDU and reinstalled the same version
- Uninstalled the NVIDIA graphics driver version 398.82 using DDU and reinstalled graphics card version 398.36
- Uninstalled the NVIDIA graphics driver version 398.36 using DDU and reinstalled graphics card version 399.07 (which released same day)
- Disabled Fast Boot on my motherboard's UEFI
- Removed and reseated the graphics card

After reseating the graphics card, I was able to run the Heaven Benchmark and yet again, the computer had no blackouts. This proves that the blackouts only occur when the computer is on idle. Is there anything else that I can try to attempt to resolve this issue? I will try any solution thrown at me.

Video of the issue can be seen at: https://youtu.be/kXMZWiT5Enk

WickedPissah

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013
Ever since removing and reseating the graphics card in my mobo, I have not had the screen blackout high fan speed issue that I had for the past couple weeks. If I do have this issue again, I will update this thread to state that I am having this above issue again. Thank you everyone for your assistance!

TRENDING THREADS