EVGA Offers A GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Elite With 12GHz Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, go for it EVGA... like your joke of a 1080 FTW... the card that died under a year. It died twice in less than 12 months... got rid of it to an unlucky buyer on the third card.

If you think I will ever buy anything else from them, you are crazy.

NaqoyqatZ

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2007
So you complain of being sold a faulty product, which was not something EVGA did intentionally. Then you purposely go do the exact same thing...classy!

mapesdhs

Distinguished
From what I've gathered from product reviews, Pascal doesn't really benefit from higher clocked RAM that much (unlike Vega), so why has EVGA done this? Where's the evidence that it really helps for gaming?

Th3pwn3r

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Truth be told the only cards I have had fail on me were all EVGA. I for that reason am VERY unlikely to ever run one again. Their power supplies on the other hand have served me well.

ERIC J

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
So since i already own a EVGA GTX FTW ti all i have to do is overclockthe Mhz to the memory clock to a total of 12,006 mhz on afterburner or precision X and it is the same as this elite?
Not really understanding why this is being offered as a "elite" model when ANYONE with a 1080ti FTW can do this?

cerealkeller

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
People run their cards at 80c+ for extended periods and wonder why they don't last long. I had a Maxwell Titan pushing 400+ watts and it lasted as long as I owned it, 2 years, being thrashed. It lasted because I kept it cool.

DerekA_C

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
That is exactly why I got the hybrid ftw3 so it runs no hotter then 48c at full load and it does its own boost to 1962mhz I don't see the need to push it any further as it voids my extended warranty for 10 years that I paid $60 for pretty sure if I use it right mount it right and keep it under 50c my warranty will last at least 5 years then I will get a new card that wont be a 1080ti cuz they wont make them anymore in 5 years hmmm lol.

MASOUTH

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
"...will last at least 5 years then I will get a new card that wont be a 1080ti cuz they wont make them anymore in 5 years hmmm lol."

you would hope so but I wouldn't count on it. I had them scrounge up a 9800 GTX+ on me. This has been a few years back but after reading other people's results in forums I had been cautiously optimistic that they wouldn't have any and I would end up with a GTX 460 or at least an "updated" GTS 250 replacement but nope...they still had at least one 9800 GTX+ laying around

Status
Not open for further replies.