[SOLVED] EVGA powersupply custom sleeved cables

Baseless

Honorable
May 23, 2017
I own an EVGA Supernova GA 850 watt powersupply and everywhere I look for EVGA custom sleeve cables it includes all the generations except for GA, are they interchangeable? I was assuming that the EVGA custom cables would work for any EVGA powersupply but I would like some input first.

Solution
I own an EVGA Supernova GA 850 watt powersupply and everywhere I look for EVGA custom sleeve cables it includes all the generations except for GA, are they interchangeable? I was assuming that the EVGA custom cables would work for any EVGA powersupply but I would like some input first.

You have to make sure that they specify your exact model. EVGA doesn't make a single PSU themselves, like most companies (SeaSonic and FSP are two of the exceptions), they contract manufacturers, none of whom are cooperating to keep pinouts interchangeable. And even manufacturers themselves don't necessarily make interchangeable modular cables.

You hae to make sure you have custom sleeved cables that specify "EVGA Supernova GA 850." Not...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

You have to make sure that they specify your exact model. EVGA doesn't make a single PSU themselves, like most companies (SeaSonic and FSP are two of the exceptions), they contract manufacturers, none of whom are cooperating to keep pinouts interchangeable. And even manufacturers themselves don't necessarily make interchangeable modular cables.

You hae to make sure you have custom sleeved cables that specify "EVGA Supernova GA 850." Not "EVGA." Not "EVGA Supernova." The whole thing, lock, stock, and barrel.

Solution