Evga Precesion X Temp Target

Gamersunionx

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
hello guys
i just recently bought an nvidia gtx 760 sc with acx cooling by evga
and i was wondering what does the temp target in evga precesion do , id love to keep my card at 70 max , but what would be the cost of this ? thanks alot

Solution
The Temp Target on EVGA Precision sets the aggressiveness of the fan profile.

I.e., if you want your 760 to not get hotter than 70 degrees Celsius at max load, Precision will run the fan faster at full load to keep it at 70 degrees, instead of letting it climb to 75 or 80 degrees. Your "cost" here is that your card will be a little louder at full load (but not significantly so, IMO). In a recent build with a friend of mine, he used the GTX 760 from EVGA but with the stock Nvidia blower (not the ACX Cooler) and set it to that temp target and it didn't get much louder. The ACX is most likely quieter by design, so you should be just fine if that's what you wanna do.

Hope that helps.

CraigN

Distinguished
The Temp Target on EVGA Precision sets the aggressiveness of the fan profile.

I.e., if you want your 760 to not get hotter than 70 degrees Celsius at max load, Precision will run the fan faster at full load to keep it at 70 degrees, instead of letting it climb to 75 or 80 degrees. Your "cost" here is that your card will be a little louder at full load (but not significantly so, IMO). In a recent build with a friend of mine, he used the GTX 760 from EVGA but with the stock Nvidia blower (not the ACX Cooler) and set it to that temp target and it didn't get much louder. The ACX is most likely quieter by design, so you should be just fine if that's what you wanna do.

Hope that helps.

Solution