[SOLVED] Evga psu eco mode reboots pc

mrx4564

Prominent
Jan 5, 2020
System info: PCPartPicker Part List

Hi guys, i was having problems with my pc while i played some videogames, it randomly reboots with a static sound in my headphones.
At first i thought it was my gpu (msi gtx 970) so i changed it for an older one to test (msi gtx 670) and the problem was "solved", i bought
a new gpu (the one in the list) and surprise it happened again.
I checked the temps, and the cpu randomly picks to 100 °c while im playing, i changed the thermal paste and now the average temp playing is 64°C with picks of 70, the pc reboots anyway.
So i assumed now that the psu is the problem, is the one in the list, so i dismounted it and cleaned a little of dust and mounted it again and surprise eco mode is on, so i turned it off and since the pc has not rebooted yet. Can the eco mode really cause that problem?
I was going to buy a new cpu, but now im not sure if its better to use that money in a new psu.
Its my first pc so i dont know too much of hardware, so any advice is appreciated, also im not an english speaker so any correction is welcome.

Solution
That cooler isn't something I'd have gotten even if it was given for free. You could've done with a better AIO. You might want to take the PSU and use it on a donor system to see if ECO mode does the same for said donor system.

With respect to your previous thread...I would suggest you purchase a reliable PSU first. Then look at picking up a 240/280mm AIO to pair with the i5 you will purchase after the PSU.

Lutfij

Titan
That cooler isn't something I'd have gotten even if it was given for free. You could've done with a better AIO. You might want to take the PSU and use it on a donor system to see if ECO mode does the same for said donor system.

With respect to your previous thread...I would suggest you purchase a reliable PSU first. Then look at picking up a 240/280mm AIO to pair with the i5 you will purchase after the PSU.

Solution