EVGA PSU ECO Switch Physically Broken

Chris_295

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016
Greetings,

Summary: What kind of switch is this and how can i replace it?

The ECO mode switch located on my PSU has literally broke. I thing some kind of internal metal click is damaged. I tried to fix it but then the plastic casing that you switch fell out the socket. I am out of warranty as i fiddled with the PSU shell. It still works fine but the PSU is not permanently stuck on ECO mode an i have no way to switch it on or off. I feel like this is a simple fix but i don't know what kind of switch to get or how to install the new one. I have very basic electrical skill.

EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 80+ TITANIUM, 1600W ECO Mode Fully Modular

It is the switch located at the bottom left hand corner
1219433-n1.jpg

Solution
Firstly you found the type of the switch, now you have to physically open the PSU, and see the specs on the switch, is it 240V? 12V? How many amps? It all matters, cause it can melt, it can short itself and it will solder itself and you wont be able to switch.
I've had issues like this where lamp switches would melt into the lamp holder.

Chris_295

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016

I understand that the switch has to be replaced. I was wondering if you knew what kind of switch I might be and were on the internet I can order a replacement.

Chris_295

Commendable
Sep 17, 2016

the switch on the back of the PSU is much larger than the eco button one.
EVGA-SuperNOVA-1600-T2-80-TITANIUM-1600W-ECO-Mode-Fully-Modular-NVIDIA-SLI-and-Crossfire-Ready-10-Year-Warranty-Power-Supply-220-T_1768550_13a96852ae30f93a76a4168b889dc4e6.jpg

I think this switch is a mini rocker switch but i don't know what configuration it is in!!!

here is where i found the information. is it spst, spdt, etc???

http://

Firstly you found the type of the switch, now you have to physically open the PSU, and see the specs on the switch, is it 240V? 12V? How many amps? It all matters, cause it can melt, it can short itself and it will solder itself and you wont be able to switch.
I've had issues like this where lamp switches would melt into the lamp holder.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS