EVGA Reveals a 2GB GTX 750 Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cooling could be a part of it, but based on my own experience on overclocking memory of both GPUs and PC builds, it offers the least reward in performance gains with higher instability issues.

We'll never know. The 750 series isn't SLI compatible. But if it were (and maybe a future iteration will be) it looks like two 1GB 750TIs in SLI may equal a 770 (based on extrapolation from the benches of a single 750Ti and seeing benches that show how Nvidia low to mid-level GPUs scale in SLI, and assuming the 2GB 750 equals the 750TI 1B in performance). Since a typical single EVGA SC 770 costs (US) $330 and this 2GB SC 750 costs $140, it theoretically may be the better value. But again, for now, we'll never know.

CaptainTom

Honorable
May 3, 2012
I also wonder why they never bother overclocking memory. In my experience, performance gains from overclocking memory are just as big as the gains from overclocking the core frequency. On top of that, overclocking the memory barely increases power use...

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
they should made a 2 gb gtx 750 ti instead
Good point didn't even notice that thought it was the 750 ti version actually. In my experience overclocking the memory makes a bigger impact than overclocking the core. Also as others mentioned it doesn't raise power much either. Overclocking the core typically makes more of a difference on higher end GPU's more than with lower end ones that have more crippled memory bus widths in my experience.

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
That's nice and all, but what EVGA really needs to do is release a low profile single slot GTX750. There is no reason why one is not available today considering the wattage output is less than 100 Watts. I'm just waiting some company to get wise and release this very high demand version...

Kushdz

Reputable
Mar 9, 2014
Neat, but the R7 260x still rapes this card, for the price and performance.
There are performance comparisons on youtube, battlefield 4 runs 2 fps better on a 750ti. Before you go willy nilly with your comments find out the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts