Evga rma for my gtx 960 ssc

azadj24

Reputable
Feb 6, 2015
I have a Evga gtx 960 ssc 2gb and its my first graphics card and yesterday I took it apart to change the thermal paste after having it for 2 years. And I noticed that there was some oil based residue on the pcb inside and a few drops between the copper pipes and I searched on google that it means its time for rma but that would most likely mean i would get a refurbished card and since they dont make 900 series cards id maybe get a 1060 or something. Im not sure if its worth it since it works fine and the fact its my first card and has sentimental value to me but at the same time there is a chance of upgrade which is also nice. Any response is helpful.

If they don't send you a refurb 960, then you would get a comparable replacement...which would be like a 1050 or 1050ti. They go by performance, not series,, which helps them prevent people from abusing the RMA process to try for an upgrade.

You could call EVGA for an RMA, but without a malfunction, I'm not sure what you would tell them that they would RMA the card.