[SOLVED] EVGA RMA Refurbished

Digicats

Honorable
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
Had to RMA my year old 1080 FTW 2. They don't send out new GPUs unless it's within 30 days of purchase. Most of you know this, I did not, and if you didn't just let it sink in. Let's call it %0.2 of these cards get RMAd within that time frame. I made that up, but how many could it possibly be? Anyways, I'm either getting a card that was turned in in exchange for a better card with their step-up program OR i'm getting a refurbished card. A card that failed in someone else's computer.

This is an industry standard. My question is how many of you have had to use an EVGA refurbished card and how long was it until you had to RMA it if at all? Their reps are honestly really cool, it's just these warranties are really anti consumer. The one I talked to said they test these cards but that doesn't really mean anything to me. I don't want to lose other components that won't be covered under their warranties because a third party piece of hardware destroyed them.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Refurbished cards are likely to simply be returned cards.
That might be from their step up program.
Since they can no longer be sold as new they are called refurbished or B stock.
I doubt that any truly failing cards are ever actually repaired.

I have on occasion bought EVGA B stock with no issue.
You get a warranty but no pretty box or posters.
Refurbished cards are likely to simply be returned cards.
That might be from their step up program.
Since they can no longer be sold as new they are called refurbished or B stock.
I doubt that any truly failing cards are ever actually repaired.

I have on occasion bought EVGA B stock with no issue.
You get a warranty but no pretty box or posters.

Solution

Digicats

Honorable
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
You will get a B-Stock unit as a replacement. It is refurbished and tested to work.

They haven't made new GTX 1080s for almost a year, so how do you expect EVGA to pull one out of thin air and give it to you?

I don't expect anyone to pull anything out of thin air, that's not how things are made, maybe you're confused? Anyways, sometimes companies who manufacture things have this thing called back stock, just in case or because they didn't sell every single unit. I would think they could send me one of those.

I got my answer though and thanks for being...I dunno, upset I asked a question on your beloved forums?

Its EVGAs policy. Nothing I say can change it. If their policy says they would give you a new card, they would keep extra, but their policy doesnt say that.

They are tested to work which is better than the card you are RMAing, so I really don't see the issue.