[SOLVED] Evga Rtx 2060 KO overheating?

Jul 24, 2020
On my rtx 2060 ko, under presumably full load during benchmarking and some hard gaming it reaches about 80c, peak 83c; is this normal for the Rtx 2060 KO? Is this safe for my card? If so, could I adjust the fan speeds and such to somehow cool it better?

Solution
Ok, but where's the intake for the gpu? I only see 1 area within that chassis' design: the rear PCIe slots.
A)The front is choked off: there's some small inlets at the top half of the font panel. The gpu sits below that.
B)The bottom is blocked: psu shroud, psu cables and HDD cage = gpu can't draw air from the bottom.
Gpu airflow was completely neglected in this chassis.

Bottom line: 80C is fine. Try a more aggressive fan curve and see if it helps.
Jul 30, 2020
Benchmarks usually make hte cpu/gpu push them to their limits. so it only makes sense that it will make them heat up alot. best thing would be pull up the specs sheet to see the temp range rating.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Ok, but where's the intake for the gpu? I only see 1 area within that chassis' design: the rear PCIe slots.
A)The front is choked off: there's some small inlets at the top half of the font panel. The gpu sits below that.
B)The bottom is blocked: psu shroud, psu cables and HDD cage = gpu can't draw air from the bottom.
Gpu airflow was completely neglected in this chassis.

Bottom line: 80C is fine. Try a more aggressive fan curve and see if it helps.

Solution
Ah oh well, thanks for your help!

I have a 2060 KO; at 95% utilization, I can get temps as low as 65 degrees and as high as 81 degrees. I have my fans manually set to run at high speed when under load and I have a very well ventilated case. The KO's cooler seems to be a bit sub-par for the card its bolted to. But 80 degrees isn't necessarily a problem.

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I have a 2060 KO; at 95% utilization, I can get temps as low as 65 degrees and as high as 81 degrees. I have my fans manually set to run at high speed when under load and I have an very well ventilated case. The KO's cooler seems to be a bit sub-par for the card its bolted to. But 80 degrees isn't necessarily a problem.
The chassis design is making up the difference here. Your chassis offers some front and bottom ventilation, the Cougar Turret doesn't; it's rear only.
If a cooler can't get enough intake, then it pretty much 'cools down' on it's own exhaust. A balanced flow - or as close to it as possible - of intake and exhaust is best.