[SOLVED] EVGA RTX 2060 KO ULTRA or ASUS TUF RTX 2060 OC?

SomeGuyonTHW

Reputable
Oct 9, 2020
I only have 2 choices, I don't live in US so forget about EVGAs' Great customer support, I understand there won't be that much of performance difference, and I'm mainly asking for their temps, there are no reviews on tuf 2060 by asus, but as I've seen on gamers nexus EVGA one runs around 70*c

how about tuf one? I haven't seen any heat pipes with EVGA one (in pictures) but tuf one had some heat pipes, which one should I get for lower temps? EVGA one has larger fans instead, need help, Thanks.

and I can get TUF one cheaper (a little)
what I get by paying for EVGA one?

Solution

Really depends what you're looking to do with the card.

The KO has one major advantage over other 2060s: Computational tasks (not gaming)

The biggest 'gain' from the KO is the actual die used.....At least, confirmed 100%
The TUF looks like it's been stocked since early 2019, so would've used TU106, at least initially - The same 'core' that is present on 2060, 2060Super and 2070

The KO launched in 2020, and uses TU104 - the same 'core' present in 2070Super/2080/2080Super.

Of course, the TUF may now also use TU104 depending on die availability - but the KO guarantees it.

For strictly gaming, the KO will perform just the same as just about...

logainofhades

Titan
I use the KO ultra myself, and it has been a good card. Even in my ITX case it looks small. If you do any kind of work that makes use of the GPU, you will want it. It has a cut down 2080 die, and while it games the same as any other 2060, it beats them in workstation tasks, like say Blender.

SomeGuyonTHW

Reputable
Oct 9, 2020
I would not buy an rtx 2060 full stop
your advice is welcomed but in r/<Mod Edit>
you can't imagine how ---- it is, you ask between 2 cards someone tries to stop you from buying "I have already made my choice about which RTX card I wanna get, I do not want to pay more for more power, because I do NOT need."

Last edited:

SomeGuyonTHW

Reputable
Oct 9, 2020
I use the KO ultra myself, and it has been a good card. Even in my ITX case it looks small. If you do any kind of work that makes use of the GPU, you will want it. It has a cut down 2080 die, and while it games the same as any other 2060, it beats them in workstation tasks, like say Blender.
Thanks, I searched some more it has a slightly higher core clock speed, but what I really wanna know (and can't be found anywhere) are temps, are temps better on EVGA? I just saw those heat pipes on TUF rtx 2060 & thought maybe it has better temps ?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

Really depends what you're looking to do with the card.

The KO has one major advantage over other 2060s: Computational tasks (not gaming)

The biggest 'gain' from the KO is the actual die used.....At least, confirmed 100%
The TUF looks like it's been stocked since early 2019, so would've used TU106, at least initially - The same 'core' that is present on 2060, 2060Super and 2070

The KO launched in 2020, and uses TU104 - the same 'core' present in 2070Super/2080/2080Super.

Of course, the TUF may now also use TU104 depending on die availability - but the KO guarantees it.

For strictly gaming, the KO will perform just the same as just about any other 2060 (at least dual fan designs).
+/- a degree or two isn't going to change anything in terms of performance.

I only have 2 choices, I don't live in US so forget about EVGAs' Great customer support,

Isn't EVGA's warranty/customer support now global?

I would not buy an rtx 2060 full stop

Inclined to agree, it's not the best time to be buying a 2060. With upcoming launches, you'll either get a better option for them money, or the cost of 'last gen' cards should reduce slightly.

Out of curiosity, where are you located? and what kind of prices are you seeing for these cards?

Solution