[SOLVED] EVGA RTX 2060 Super Fan 2 at 0 RPM no matter what.

AwesomeBomber

Honorable
Dec 26, 2015
So I've just purchased an EVGA RTX 2060 Super off of Ebay, used, but should be functioning. Everything is working as expected apart from Fan 2 which, even when the GPU's temps reach 75C whilst running Cyberpunk 2077, it doesn't spin. There has only been one occasion in which it did, but that was when loading up my save game (literally haven't seen it spin any time before this, kind of bizarre)

So it's clearly able to function, but it just.. doesn't. Wondering now if I should return the product to the seller, or if there are any solutions out there that may help, that don't including taking the whole thing apart, as by that point I might as well return the item.

Upgrading from a EVGA GTX 970. Motherboard, CPU & RAM are brand new, and everything in my build appears to be compatible. I'm using a 6x2 pin connection however, but was led to believe this wouldn't cause any issues. Have tried to manually have them running at 100%, first fan works perfectly, second doesn't start. Have tried EVGA Precision X1, MSI Afterburner, Furmark, etc. Essentially, I've tried almost all solutions that appear when Googling an issue like this, but no luck. Any suggestions?

Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000MHz
PSU: Raidmax RX 1000AE (1000 watts)
SSD: Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB

Solution
If you have EVGA Precision installed or Speedfan, can you see the GPU fan speeds? You can manually turn them up / change their speed in those tools. I am wondering if there is a corrupt profile being loaded by the driver. Do both fans spin when the system powers up? (You might want to do a clean install of the driver...)

AntonyLovric

Distinguished
If you have EVGA Precision installed or Speedfan, can you see the GPU fan speeds? You can manually turn them up / change their speed in those tools. I am wondering if there is a corrupt profile being loaded by the driver. Do both fans spin when the system powers up? (You might want to do a clean install of the driver...)

Solution

AwesomeBomber

Honorable
Dec 26, 2015

Yes, I can see the GPU fan speeds on Precision X1. RPM value & % change on fan 1 when I manually turned them up. Only see the percentage change for fan 2, RPM is constantly at 0.

Is the best option for a clean driver install DDU? And incase I still have left over AMD graphics drivers (since I had a Radeon card prior to my GTX 970 in 2015), how do I remove those without removing drivers for the Ryzen 5? Not accustomed to upgrading my PC so I'm not too clued up on this stuff.

AntonyLovric

Distinguished
Yes, I can see the GPU fan speeds on Precision X1. RPM value & % change on fan 1 when I manually turned them up. Only see the percentage change for fan 2, RPM is constantly at 0.

Is the best option for a clean driver install DDU? And incase I still have left over AMD graphics drivers (since I had a Radeon card prior to my GTX 970 in 2015), how do I remove those without removing drivers for the Ryzen 5? Not accustomed to upgrading my PC so I'm not too clued up on this stuff.

Can you set fan #2 % RPM?

DDU seems like it should be ok. If you install a new NVidia driver and select 'clean' installation that should work as well.