[SOLVED] Evga Rtx 2080 Fan Issue

cadefoster

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
I've noticed some odd behavior with my evga 2080 gpu fan recently. Whenever the gpu hits around 82 degrees or so, it sounds like the gpu fans start running at max speed for a few seconds and then it returns to normal. The weird thing is afterburner isn't registering the increased fan speed. I've tried setting a manual fan curve as well as leaving the fans at a set speed but i still get the same revving past 82 degrees or so. Any thought as to why this is happening? Maybe the gpu has some internal thermal limit? My fractal r5 has pretty good airflow, 2 front intake with a top and rear exhaust. I game with headphones so the noise level isnt a huge deal but i just want to make sure there's nothing wrong with the gpu. I should also note ive only noticed the issue when i started playing metro exodus which its a pretty taxing game.

Solution
that card should run 35c up to 70 c anything above 80 is high. check fan speeds settings try manually setting fans to 80%-100% to test see if temps drop at idle and under load