[SOLVED] EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 vs Asus RTX 2080 Super Dual or RTX 2070 Super?

Dec 1, 2019
I'm torn between the choices I could make. In detail, i have the chance to get an Asus RTX 2070 Super Strix for 550€, an EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 for 669€ and an Asus RTX 2080 Super Dual for 699€.

In my case it should be one of these lines (of any publisher, I just exclude KFA2).

Which one would you prefer in this case? Thanks for any advice!

Last edited:
Solution
It depends, and I can't comment too much on this one. I've personally owned EVGA and Gigabyte gpus, and just have word of mouth on the others.
Asus: the high end models - Strix, Poseidon, and Matrix - are apparently the only ones worth looking at. They seem to cut too many corners with their lower end ones.
Gigabyte: appears to be pretty solid, whether it's their Gaming or premium Aorus and Waterforce models. I've got a 1080Ti G1 Gaming, and it's been holding up rather well at almost 3 years.
Msi: these guys are pretty hit and miss... Their Duke cards run warm... their Gaming X and Z models would be their most reliable. The Lightning is their 'cream of the crop', and the Seahawks are pricy, considering power limits are no better than...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Asus RTX 2070 Super Strix for 550€
That one.

The difference between 2070 Super and 2080 is pretty minimal - within 10%.
The EVGA 2080 your looking at costs 21% more, and would just be a few % faster on(average) than the 2070 Super Strix - not a good deal, IMO.

Then there's the 2080 Super. That's more of a 'money is no object' kind of card - or, if you want the 2nd best graphics for 1440p or 4K.

Dec 1, 2019
Thanks for your reply!

Some follow up questions:

As for the RTX 2080 Super, how crucial are the differences between the like "baseline" editions (I'm talking about Asus Dual Evo or MSI Ventus) to the more fancier designed variants (for example ROG Strix etc..).

As for the RTX 2070 Super, same question: Is there a best/better option?

Kind regards

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It depends, and I can't comment too much on this one. I've personally owned EVGA and Gigabyte gpus, and just have word of mouth on the others.
Asus: the high end models - Strix, Poseidon, and Matrix - are apparently the only ones worth looking at. They seem to cut too many corners with their lower end ones.
Gigabyte: appears to be pretty solid, whether it's their Gaming or premium Aorus and Waterforce models. I've got a 1080Ti G1 Gaming, and it's been holding up rather well at almost 3 years.
Msi: these guys are pretty hit and miss... Their Duke cards run warm... their Gaming X and Z models would be their most reliable. The Lightning is their 'cream of the crop', and the Seahawks are pricy, considering power limits are no better than Nvidia's reference.
EVGA: can't go wrong here, whether high or low end. Highly praised customer service - of course, your experience may vary...

Solution

Latest posts