Question EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 vs EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Hybrid

marek_shields

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2012
After doing research on the 2080 series and asking some questions here, I am fairly confident I am going to pick up the EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 (though the ASUS ROG Strix 2080 OC is still a contender). I noticed that there were two variants of the 2080 FTW3, one with the triple-fan air cooling, the other with an AIO cooler. Does anyone have any experience with either or both of these cards? The hybrid model with the AIO cooler runs for about $70(USD) more than the air cooled. I don't really plan to overclock the card much if at all but wasn't sure how hot that card ran under a load and if it was worth it for the extra cooling.

WildCard999

Titan
I had the EVGA GTX 1080 ti SC2 Hybrid. It was quiet and stayed cool, didn't bother manually overclocking it and would just increase the power limit in EVGA PrecisionX as far as it would go (I think it was 108% max) which would put it at 1967mhz on the boost clock. Max temps was 57C.

That being said though any of those GPU's will perform well and the triple fan setups should keep them well under the max temps.